Homebrew for writing custom articles to the news applet?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
There's NotifyMii on the 3DS which lets you play around with the Notifications applet and write your own custom notifications which can also launch games, is there a similar thing on the Switch which lets you make custom articles for the News applet? I suppose that such a thing would need more work because of stuff like images or app/applet-launching buttons being possible in these articles or the channels being a thing, but I think that it could work.

In fact, I think that the News applet needs more attention than it currently gets - it also has network capability so it could connect to an alternate server and fetch news from there. As of now, the only articles that currently exist on there are the in-built ones because you can't connect to nintendo.net on the EmuMMC.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's NotifyMii on the 3DS which lets you play around with the Notifications applet and write your own custom notifications which can also launch games, is there a similar thing on the Switch which lets you make custom articles for the News applet? I suppose that such a thing would need more work because of stuff like images or app/applet-launching buttons being possible in these articles or the channels being a thing, but I think that it could work.

In fact, I think that the News applet needs more attention than it currently gets - it also has network capability so it could connect to an alternate server and fetch news from there. As of now, the only articles that currently exist on there are the in-built ones because you can't connect to nintendo.net on the EmuMMC.
I don't see the point of that regardless.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn