Homebrew RELEASE homebrew nsp forwarder

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does anyone have a PPSSPP forwarder?
I wouldn't recommend using forwarders for retroarch or PPSSPP. AFAIK, they limit the RAM availability. It is okay for low RAM usage apps, as the hindrance wouldn't be so noticeable. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. It's been a while since I've seen the development of forwarders and could be operating on outdated info.

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wouldn't recommend using forwarders for retroarch or PPSSPP. AFAIK, they limit the RAM availability. It is okay for low RAM usage apps, as the hindrance wouldn't be so noticeable. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. It's been a while since I've seen the development of forwarders and could be operating on outdated info.
To be honest, I don't know. I made my own forwarder and so far it's working flawlessly.

(Edit: I am overclocking of course and using ReverseNX)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FWIW forwarders use full RAM mode, so they don't limit memory availability at all. The main Switch devs of Retroarch and PPSSPP advise against using forwarders because of other potential compatibility issues, probably to do with other settings in the app's metadata. Others claim to use them with no issues. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: tabzer and BigOnYa

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
FWIW forwarders use full RAM mode, so they don't limit memory availability at all. The main Switch devs of Retroarch and PPSSPP advise against using forwarders because of other potential compatibility issues, probably to do with other settings in the app's metadata. Others claim to use them with no issues. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the update. I had a feeling I wasn't totally accurate.

Reactions: hippy dave

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Sorry to bump this but for some reason I have a HBMENU forwader and when I open it, I get crashes all the time with title ID: 0500000000010000

How the heck do I remove it? can I press start on it and then delete software? will it not delete my ability to go into HBMENU the usual way?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, do forwarders usually create issues? I'm thinking of creating some but not sure
millage varries on forwarders. the team behind retroarch (last i knew) dont suggest using them just because they can cause unexpected crashes sometimes. i havent had much issues besides the times ive had to recreate mine thanks to firmware updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2