Homebrew Discussion Homebrew problem updating to 5.1

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao. My autocorrect does that sometimes. I'll start typing the sentence, and it'll put the first or second half of the word twice. I was trying to type homebrew, but I guess I put an I instead of an o. So instead of correcting it to "homebrew" it just added the first part of the word onto the word I typed

Last edited by APartOfMe,

pretend7979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea updates tend to change some part of the system, usually breaking compatibility. The guys that have been releasing homebrew are really fantastic though, so I'd imagine fixes fairly quickly.

D

Deleted-442439

Loader works, but Switchbrew needs to update the HBL

No fuse was burned so if you have a 5.0.x backup you can downgrade.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Leonidas87

pretend7979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a .nro file for this? Mine won't work now in 5.1.0. Thanks :)

Afaik there's not a public compiled version. Since it's open source though you could grab the git, and compile it yourself. But it's hard to say how stable it is, since they make commits fairly often

Reactions: Leonidas87

DaBiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Afaik there's not a public compiled version. Since it's open source though you could grab the git, and compile it yourself. But it's hard to say how stable it is, since they make commits fairly often

I would if I had clear instructions on how to do it on a windows PC. I'm new to this stuff.

pretend7979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would if I had clear instructions on how to do it on a windows PC. I'm new to this stuff.
Well, I can't provide a guide... I did compile it though, and tried to boot to it. Getting an error that it can't mount at least one partition.....
This appears to be a hardware init inside of the Fusee Secondary main. I could probably bypass it, but I don't know what errors I would get thereafter.
All in all - I'd say this isn't really ready to use - even if it is compiled, and we could get it to boot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On top of that they even put notices, and checks inside the source specifically telling you not to use it, which they gave a little key with to get around. But they're serious when they say it isn't ready.

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loader works, but Switchbrew needs to update the HBL

No fuse was burned so if you have a 5.0.x backup you can downgrade.
Ah good. My girlfriend updated our Switch before I got a chance to ask her not to but thankfully I have a backup. Is there a public way to restore backups yet though?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's just a joke..