Gaming How can I find a Super Mario 64 DS Version 1 cart?

Arnold Schwarzen

OP
Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Recently my original SM64DS cart got lost and I'll probably replace it once I get enough cash. Is there any way to easily tell if it's a version 1 or 2 by checking the box or cart itself? I read somewhere that you could tell which version it is by looking at the letters on the back of the cart without having to perform the box glitch in the desert level. Does anyone know what letters are on the v1 and v2 carts? Any other methods that can be used will be greatly appreciated.

Arnold Schwarzen

OP
Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Well the U.S. versions are more commonly reffered to as v1 or v2 or officially v1 (original release) and v1.1 (revised version). The original cart contains more bugs and glitches and you'll probably be wondering why I'd even want that one. That's the one I used to have and I wanna make sure I get the same one if I buy this game again. I guess my only chance of obtaining one is to play test a used copy at a game store, which is what I'll probably do. I know, I'm such a nerd.

Arnold Schwarzen

OP
Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, that should help me alot. Anyone have dofferent letters and numbers on their US copy (heard that both versions have a slight difference)?

EDIT: Nevermind, seem to found the other letters by searching for the one you provided. Thanks again coolbho3000! For anyone else that's interested v2 is either ASMEN1J12 or ASMEN1J22. Looks like I've got all the info I need on this.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif
I thought for sure there was only a v1 and a v1.1

Meh, whatever.

~Nero

P.S: Nice name.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....