ROM Hack Discussion How could I get read/write access to games files?

WaveSmash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems weird but I just want to play Minecraft with my custom skins. So if it works how I hope it does, I can simply replace the .pck file that has the skins with my custom ones.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems weird but I just want to play Minecraft with my custom skins. So if it works how I hope it does, I can simply replace the .pck file that has the skins with my custom ones.
We don't have a way to install a modded game yet nor do we have a way of modifying romFS yet either. This should come with the LayeredFS feature in Atmosphere when it releases.

WaveSmash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't have a way to install a modded game yet nor do we have a way of modifying romFS yet either. This should come with the LayeredFS feature in Atmosphere when it releases.
So theoretically, I could just edit the game files as is, or I'd have to dump it and reinstall an edited version?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So theoretically, I could just edit the game files as is, or I'd have to dump it and reinstall an edited version?
No, you can’t mod them as is. You’d need to dump the game, extract it, mod the files, rebuild it, then install it in place of the original. But we don’t have a tool for installing our own games yet.

When Atmosphere is out you can just stick the modded file into a folder and the CFW will load that instead. That’s LayeredFS.

WaveSmash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can’t mod them as is. You’d need to dump the game, extract it, mod the files, rebuild it, then install it in place of the original. But we don’t have a tool for installing our own games yet.
May be some time then...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol