How do I close the autoplaying video ad on GBA temp?

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Recently I started noticing an EXTREMELY annoying advert on the right hand bar on literally EVERY page which autoplays video. Flashy video animations are distracting and annoying when I am trying to read. When I stop the video, it eventually turns itself back on within a few minutes. If I scroll away, it pops out and covers part of the screen. I can close that one, but it still opens back up shortly after, and when it does I hear a loud sound from my speakers briefly before it auto mutes. I'd rather not have to kill all ads on GBAtemp via adblockers, so is there any way to otherwise close this ONE ad without needing to rely on a nuclear option?

Video ads are what make me close website pages and never return. ESPECIALLY when they repeatedly open themselves, shove themselves in my face, and blast my speakers. In fact, as I am writing this I had to close every other tab with GBAtemp open because they keep playing repeatedly.

Reactions: Imancol and 2Hack

yukivulpes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am so tempted to comment on that with a reference to something I wasn't even around for last year... was just randomly lurking at the time but saw some guy called "Vipera" bitching about Patron's getting special treatment...

Reactions: Noctosphere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.