How do I extract games, saves, miis and friends to computer.

O2777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am selling my Nintendo 2DS console and I want to know how I can backup everything on the console and including miis, friends, and games to my computer. I am looking to purchase a New 2DS XL so I need to know how I can keep this content. Also, how do I delete mii friends, and save data.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Easy way. Use the system transfer option in the system settings, to copy over all stuff from o2DS to New2DS XL. Nintendo has a few support site especially for it. U can use the PC, or move direct system to system over Wlan.
To delete everything on the old one, u can use the restore default settings option in system settings.

Important note: do not register your Nintendo Network ID (NNID) on your New Nintendo 3DS system prior to the system transfer. Your NNID will be automatically transferred along with your data. Registering your NNID on the target system beforehand will make data transfer impossible.

Last edited by Sypherone,

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am selling my Nintendo 2DS console and I want to know how I can backup everything on the console and including miis, friends, and games to my computer. I am looking to purchase a New 2DS XL so I need to know how I can keep this content. Also, how do I delete mii friends, and save data.
For 3DS saves use Checkpoint to create save backups, it has a batch option so use that.
For backing your installed games as cia files use GodMode9, scroll down to "dump installed titles".

Reactions: impeeza

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just copied everything from my sd card onto my pc. Then you would have to paste everything onto a new 2ds. Just make sure to set up the new 2ds first before pasting. After that, just format the old 2ds. Make sure you remember your NNID password, and everything should be good to go.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@XRTerra Just copying over only works with homebrew stuff, not with games or other official stuff that is related to the 3DS. Each 2DS/ 3DS has his own identifier. If u plug in a card in the system creates a unique folder with it where the nintendo stuff is stored. Its the same with the Nand. U cant just restore another Nand to a system, it will brick.

Reactions: CoolMe

O2777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy way. Use the system transfer option in the system settings, to copy over all stuff from o2DS to New2DS XL. Nintendo has a few support site especially for it. U can use the PC, or move direct system to system over Wlan.
To delete everything on the old one, u can use the restore default settings option in system settings.

Important note: do not register your Nintendo Network ID (NNID) on your New Nintendo 3DS system prior to the system transfer. Your NNID will be automatically transferred along with your data. Registering your NNID on the target system beforehand will make data transfer impossible.
One small issue with this. Im selling the 2ds to buy a 2ds

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok. Like already mentioned:
- Games/Homebrew can be backuped with godmode 9.
- Gamesaves can be backuped and restored with Checkpoint.
- Friends can be moved like followed descript:
You can either use Decrypt9's option to dump friendsave.bin then restore it to another 3DS using the inject option or you can use GodMode9 to copy 1:/data/$[SYSID0]/sysdata/00010032/00000000 from one console to another. You may beed to fix the CMAC after (which is done by press A on the 00000000 file and choosing Calculate CMAC if the option is there).
- Mii can u export/import with 3DS Mii Edit Tool on Pc: 3DS Mii Edit Tool

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...