How do I get Nintendo Video in 2022?

PeterL29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering about how I can get Nintendo Video in 2022 on my 2DS in 2022 without CFW or anything. Any thoughts? If you do have any, reply below.

Last edited by PeterL29,

PeterL29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get what? to record video or put video on the 2ds?
No, no, no. There was an app called Nintendo Video on the 3DS family. It's like a video service on the 3DS. It's kind of unknown. I first saw it in this video showing lots of 3DS banners:

Anyways, I hope that you get the picture.

Merge:
Nintendo Video was an on-demand video service, I think what they mean is to get videos to work on it again.
Thanks! :D If Nintendo Video has discontinued I will be sad. But if I can connect to a replacement server or something, that can be good.

Last edited by PeterL29,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do setup CFW on your 3DS, and are willing to get your hands a little dirty, you can install "3D Movie Viewer." This will allow you to play videos in .moflex format from your SD card. There are also places online where you can download movies, tv shows, and other videos in a .cia format. This is basically a .moflex video and a video player in a single, installable package, but it's nice to use if you want to access your videos from icons on the home menu.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you do setup CFW on your 3DS, and are willing to get your hands a little dirty, you can install "3D Movie Viewer." This will allow you to play videos in .moflex format from your SD card. There are also places online where you can download movies, tv shows, and other videos in a .cia format. This is basically a .moflex video and a video player in a single, installable package, but it's nice to use if you want to access your videos from icons on the home menu.
A legal alternative would be Core_2_Extreme's "Video Player". https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-video-player-for-3ds.586094

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should also be noted that you can watch pretty much all the Nintendo Video videos from within the eShop, but I'm not sure how long that'll last.
How is that a solution? You can't download any of the Nintendo Video movies from the eShop anymore, not without resorting to other means and that being downloading them elsewhere.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
How is that a solution? You can't download any of the Nintendo Video movies from the eShop anymore, not without resorting to other means and that being downloading them elsewhere.
I know, right? I feel like this whole "solution" nonsense is kinda stupid, but honestly I was still trying to help, but yeah it's not a solution at all. More like a band-aid on a broken bone.

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know, right? I feel like this whole "solution" nonsense is kinda stupid, but honestly I was still trying to help, but yeah it's not a solution at all. More like a band-aid on a broken bone.
Yeah, at least you was doing something. Either way, there's no other alternative to getting Nintendo Video to run ever again, not without reverse engineering, which isn't something that the novice user would have the skills to do. As you mentioned, shorts/episodes from the service did used to be downloadable through the eShop, until they later got pulled most likely due to licensing issues.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, at least you was doing something. Either way, there's no other alternative to getting Nintendo Video to run ever again, not without reverse engineering, which isn't something that the novice user would have the skills to do. As you mentioned, shorts/episodes from the service did used to be downloadable through the eShop, until they later got pulled most likely due to licensing issues.
Wait, downloadable? No, I meant that you could watch them IN the eshop like you can with game trailers; Only downloadable videos I remember (barring the few included with system updates that were later removed) were 3D game trailers, a 3D remake of one of the Kirby! Right back at ya episodes, and a compilation of halloween-related trailers.

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, downloadable? No, I meant that you could watch them IN the eshop like you can with game trailers; Only downloadable videos I remember (barring the few included with system updates that were later removed) were 3D game trailers, a 3D remake of one of the Kirby! Right back at ya episodes, and a compilation of halloween-related trailers.
Downloadable videos is what I was mentioning. You had ones like "The Great Barbazan" and "The Beet Party" from what I remember, and then some on pre-launch 3DS models like "White Knuckles" that got removed in later system updates, but this can be bypassed with CFW.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Downloadable videos is what I was mentioning. You had ones like "The Great Barbazan" and "The Beet Party" from what I remember, and then some on pre-launch 3DS models like "White Knuckles" that got removed in later system updates, but this can be bypassed with CFW.
Yeah, but other things like Dinosaur Office can't be downloaded from the eShop, or from another place due to them just.. never being made into CIAs. Sure there's youtube uploads, but it just isn't the same, man.

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, but other things like Dinosaur Office can't be downloaded from the eShop, or from another place due to them just.. never being made into CIAs. Sure there's youtube uploads, but it just isn't the same, man.
Old habits die hard I'm afraid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol