How do i stop using cIOS?

funyguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed D2X cIOS on my wii and i want to revert back to normal IOS, does anyone know how to help me do it? Also, it says when i go onto the D2X channel it says "Offline mode" and that a wad file is required, does this mean i'm not using cIOS?

Last edited by funyguy,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed D2X cIOS on my wii and i want to revert back to normal IOS, does anyone know how to help me do it?
You don't want stop using them, you want them to be on your Wii otherwise you couldn't play your Wii games from usb/hdd.
Follow this guide to install them properly (if you didn't follow it).
Also, it says when i go onto the D2X channel it says "Offline mode" and that a wad file is required, does this mean i'm not using cIOS?
Yes, if you didn't download the wad and copied it to your sd or usb to install the D2x cIOS installer. Regardless, i'd suggest following the guide above.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
May I ask why you want to do this?

I ask because only homebrew (or games launched via homebrew methods e.g. usb loaders) which specifically requests this IOS will use it.

AFAIK The 'official' IOS for the slots usually used by CIOS are 'dummies'.

This is presuming you used the usual CIOS slots and haven't overwritten an 'official' IOS.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Priiloader is able to force disc games in using cIOS 249 instead their normal IOS. This allows DVD backups right from the disc channel. But that method is questionable as newer games check if they run on the correct IOS and will go ERROR 002 (or was it 001?) when trying to load the original disc.
That should be turned off in order to stop cIOS being used.

There should be no reason to ever remove cIOS as it is just downgrading possibilities for no benefit. If you use normal discs they will behave normally. Stupid example: You don't have to remove a text editor from your Windows computer in order to be able to still use notepad.exe – another editor will not magically make the stock editor fail. As cIOS are installed into unused slots >200 they don't interfere.

This is only true if you did not run a full IOS replacement such as cIOSCORP or DARKCORP. That can (and probably will) make trouble at some point.

ModMii patches System Menu IOS as well if I remember correctly which is a good idea to prevent 003 ERROR on region changed Korean Wii.
=============

Please provide a Syscheck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1