RobertBrownieJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
so yeah,
I was just wondering How I View the headers from my dumped switch games and how I modify headers on them?
cant seem to find much info out there other than the fact switch games use headers

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Huh? Header is a piece of data starting some structured binary data that helps app with organizing file. What you ask doesn't make any sense since question is too vague, headers are very common (jpg, png, mp3, mp4, zip, rar, exe, dll, nsp, xci, etc. have headers)

I don't see any other explanation for using header in terms of dumped game.

What you want to achieve?

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: impeeza

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When you say headers it sounds like you mean TitleID, the unique ID each game has but modifying that isn't useful. If you want to modify games you have to modify their assets which are contained in their RomFS & in smaller amounts in thier ExeFS. If you want to modify the RomFS/ExeFS you have to dump it first using a tool like nxdumptool.

RobertBrownieJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Huh? Header is a piece of data starting some structured binary data that helps app with organizing file. What you ask doesn't make any sense since question is too vague, headers are very common (jpg, png, mp3, mp4, zip, rar, exe, dll, nsp, xci, etc. have headers)

I don't see any other explanation for using header in terms of dumped game.

What you want to achieve?
I mean like when you play online the header is checked basically a serial to make sure you own the game and so on,

I'm wanting to copy my own from my copy of say Pokémon sword when I dump my game and write it to my downloaded Pokémon sword rom so when I go online Nintendo are like oh its good its his game instead of seeing a blanked serial for it

I hear its a way Nintendo check because online dumps are blanked serials which flags you to be banned

kind of hard to describe what I'm getting at but just wanna try to minimise my risk

RobertBrownieJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
When you say headers it sounds like you mean TitleID, the unique ID each game has but modifying that isn't useful. If you want to modify games you have to modify their assets which are contained in their RomFS & in smaller amounts in thier ExeFS. If you want to modify the RomFS/ExeFS you have to dump it first using a tool like nxdumptool.
yeah that's the one I think,
when it comes out of the factory each game cartridge has its own unique ID which is checked and the already dumped ones are blanked I hear which Nintendo instabans id just like to add my own id to the roms on my archive to mimise the risk of the hammer coming down

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I mean like when you play online the header is checked basically a serial to make sure you own the game and so on,

I'm wanting to copy my own from my copy of say Pokémon sword when I dump my game and write it to my downloaded Pokémon sword rom so when I go online Nintendo are like oh its good its his game instead of seeing a blanked serial for it

I hear its a way Nintendo check because online dumps are blanked serials which flags you to be banned

kind of hard to describe what I'm getting at but just wanna try to minimise my risk
what you mean is the Ticket and that one is stored on Ninty servers no the console it selft, that's is why your console get banned if you connect online with some type of modifications.

use the search function atop for the thread "avoid be banned"

RobertBrownieJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
yeah I know of the console ticket but i meant per game uniqe id

similar to how the 3ds had it
(cant post links even to gbatemp but thread titled

Hacking PSA: Unique Cartridge ID Sharing)​

I was wanting to inject my dumped cartridge id into my backups so it doesnt read as all FF FF FF when i go online

a hackinformer thread says
First off the biggest Ban Risk are those “Wrong” or cleared Headers on the Game Backups. If you made your own Backup they already have a legit Game Banned and can safely be used for online play but if you got your Game Backups from elsewhere™ then they most probably have a cleared Certificate which is VERY easy for Nintendo to see and instantly ban you.

Since Nintendo beefed up their Security heavily on the Switch even if you inject the header of another Game into that specific game the Header still won’t be legit. I would still advise to at least inject a header of one of your privately bought games into these Backup to at least have them appear somewhat legit while they reside in your Home Menu. If you go and play Online Games with those Games with FF FF cleared Headers or with the non-legit Headers, you can be sure to instantly get banned though.

- I was wanting to inject my own cert

Dutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You said you dumped your own game.. why are you wanting to do this.. There already yours with your ID's

RobertBrownieJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
You said you dumped your own game.. why are you wanting to do this.. There already yours with your ID's
because there are a few that are digital only on my unhacked console which I have had to get nsp files for from elsewhere and id rather not get banned when i play them,
considering I cant dump them from an unhacked console this makes me want to swap out the header for one of my own,
I know what you are thinking though and can see why it might come across that way

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You will be banned anyway. When you install an NSP it's treated as a digital game, for which you don't have a ticket. Doesn't matter if the header is legit or not, it will be flagged by Nintendo servers when you go online with an installed NSP.

Reactions: RobertBrownieJr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...