How do you get app2usb to transfer game saves to the external hdd?

ray_ray696

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to transfer game saves to the external hdd via app2usb 5.05 PS4 PRO? I've managed to copy games and dlc's to my external hdd via app2usb but it doesn't copy over game saves which are still located on the internal hdd. Does anyone know how to transfer them over? I think we need to add another command line in the app2usb.ini file. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing to do with app2usb. Saves are stored on the PS4 HDD.
If you activate your profile you will then be able to 'backup' your saves to USB but it will only be a backup copy of your saves.
Any new save activity will still be accessed/updated from the saves on the PS4 HDD.

ray_ray696

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to do with app2usb. Saves are stored on the PS4 HDD.
If you activate your profile you will then be able to 'backup' your saves to USB but it will only be a backup copy of your saves.
Any new save activity will still be accessed/updated from the saves on the PS4 HDD.
Thanks for the response and for the information. I tried posting this to reddit but the moderator made me post it in a general forum that got no traffic. What a joke. I guess I'll be posting my comments and questions in this forum from now on. Thanks again.

Reactions: skins20 and Leeful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3