How does Temp feel about the Demoscene? what's your favorite Demoscene production?

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out about the demoscene in like 2018 or so, i think. I had recently gotten into tracker music, cracktros, and older 80s computers like the Amiga and Atari ST. One thing lead to another and then i eventually got enraptured in the demoscene. One of the more notable demos i saw was Overdrive 2 for the Sega Genesis, which is probably the best Demo of all time period. The technical aspect of it was already incredibly impressive for the hardware, topping a lot of the cool Amiga Demos i'd seen earlier, but they went one step further with this gritty cyberpunk retro aesthetic with the demo's visuals, even having what resembles a story in some parts. and they topped it all off with this amazing breakbeat sci fi soundtrack unlike anything else ever seen on a system like the Genesis. I love the scene for stuff like that and i'd like to wonder how YOU got into the demoscene, if you ever have.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quite a fairly noted members of the demoscene have frequented here over the years. Several times a year I will wander over to https://www.pouet.net/prodlist.php to see what is going on. I am generally more interested in ROM hacking than I am in pushing hardware to the limit in some esoteric way, this despite both going there frequently, however I certainly have time to hear of interesting things done in the pursuit of such goals. Quite like some of the stuff done in NSF music where people push the NES beyond what anybody normally would consider the limit to do interesting things with sound there.

Had an Amiga as a kid so it was more or less part of the tapestry
Somewhat related at this point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)