Hacking How identical is the PSTV to the PS VITA ?

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
so as far as i know the PSTV is a VITA without a screen,camera,buttons and anything except for the system.
i heard that its possible to hack the PSTV with a PS VITA CFW but is it possible to install future CFWs ? and if possible VITA PKGs ?
because i am planning to buy a VITA but saw that the PSTV is 100$ cheaper so is it worth it ? or shoud i go with the VITA ?

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS TV differs in that it has a USB port that can't be used to connect to a PC (at least without custom firmware) and an upscaler chip (IIRC).

As for CFW, the big problem is pushing stuff to the device, since you can't use a USB connection. You can do eCFWs through QCMA and the like, but Vita PKGs can't be done above a certain firmware (3.20 IIRC), since that has the Package Installer unlocked... and even then, the PKGs need to be DRM free or you have to own them.

Also, you need a PS3 to activate the PSTV without losing any chance of using the Rejuvenate exploit.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Vita but have seen deals that look very tempting, like a PSTV for $45. I wish Sony would drop the PSTV and integrate the functionality into the PS4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Make sure you get Gamepass Ultimate version tho, that lets you cloud stream games