testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
El-ahrairah said:
That's why third party developers are clamoring to release on it [the wii]
Well they are certainly clamouring to the wii more than they are the other two. Compare amount of releases and see which console has the most.

Fair enough most of them are just shovelware, but that's not really the point now is it?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
never played Halo 2, Halo one was much better than Halo 3 and I still didnt like Halo, I bought Halo 3 day it was released, traded in for COD4 and noticed a major difference in online play.... it was enjoyable, I loved my 360 til it died, never bothered getting it repaired, decided to go for the PS3 and so far I am more than overjoyed with my "Upgrade" Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are by far the best FPS games i've played, resistance is set out like Halo in the way you play online except no vehicles and weapons are better and not so many annoyances online, halo was the king for annoying online games

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flawsdraw said:
never played Halo 2, Halo one was much better than Halo 3 and I still didnt like Halo, I bought Halo 3 day it was released, traded in for COD4 and noticed a major difference in online play.... it was enjoyable, I loved my 360 til it died, never bothered getting it repaired, decided to go for the PS3 and so far I am more than overjoyed with my "Upgrade" Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are by far the best FPS games i've played, resistance is set out like Halo in the way you play online except no vehicles and weapons are better and not so many annoyances online, halo was the king for annoying online games

Meh, I own both systems and I'd have to say that PSN online experience pales in comparison to XBL. The old phrase "you get what you pay for" is the perfect thing to describe the 2 services. No one ever talks on PS3. Don't know if they are too cheap to purchase headsets or what but it takes away from the experience for me.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Commadore64 said:
QUOTE said:
Xbox 360's suck. They died soooo easily.

Save your $200 bucks and spend it on a video card for your next computer.
I love comments like this...

So also make sure your video card have TV out unless you want to be cooped at a desk playing games (providing you have friends come over)

Then save money for wireless controllers for your computer unless you dont mind wired controllers or, like above, your playing at a desk

so a decent computer $500'ish...$200'ish for video card...$60 for wireless controller x 2
~$820 for a game system

But you do get a web browser and solitaire and chess... so it pays for itself
First, that video out part is really untrue. Here's the $3 adapter.

Controllers? Na, I have a PS2 controller on my computer and I don't really like it.

My point is, if you already getting/got a computer why not spend "$60 for wireless controller" and $140 more then what you would have?

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
My point is, if you already getting/got a computer why not spend "$60 for wireless controller" and $140 more then what you would have?

Well it seems better to sit in the living room on couches - kicked back and playing on the big screen in some game that is not ported over to the PC (yet).

Then you got some games that require a mouse and/or keyboard action that still ties you to the desk
*A 1 player game taking turns may be ok - if broadcasted to the TV

True a PC has more horsepower to play games with unbelievable special effects but again to be fair not all games on XBOX are on a PC.

It's (to me) really how it fits into your living room entertainment center.

You can pick up an XBOX for under $200 on Amazon - $200 is not that much (well maybe to some)

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
754boy said:
No one ever talks on PS3. Don't know if they are too cheap to purchase headsets or what but it takes away from the experience for me.
They never shut the fsck up. It's the biggest problem with online gaming (on psn and xbl) - little whiny kids talking non-stop. Thank god for mute. =)

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the 360 rocks. its still not to late to join in the fun
smile.gif

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
RomThunder said:
well, i dont take anything serious from someone with only 13 post's...
I think that's the mentality of the average person that uses voicechat on xbl/psn.

And coming from someone with just 86 posts its extra lolfail.

hom3land

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 has plenty of time on the market. MS has no incentive to rush their next console out. As they continue to make the 360 it gets cheaper to make, which means more profit for them. Sony is bleeding money from the ps3 and probably won't make their money back this cycle. Though they'll keep the ps3 on the market as long as possible to get some ROE from it. I'm sure we will see a 360 "lite" before we see the 720.

Get a 360, don't worry about it being obsolete anytime soon.This will be one hell of a long generation compared to the others.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
RomThunder said:
well, i dont take anything serious from someone with only 13 post's...

This honestly just pissed me off. Who are you to make judgement on a person just becuase he/she has "only" 13 posts. Are you 11 years old? Jeez.

BTW testic cancer brings up a good point. There's heaps of shit talking online. Especially on Xbox Live, not so much on PSN, although I mosty ever play Resistance 2 online.

Moral of the story, don't be a cock head.

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
maybe i was a bit too hard...

testic-cancer i'm sorry, i should not have posted that...
i was a bit pissed that day (got some bad news)

btw: i'm not going to talk about this anymore because its just lame to talk about it

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If MS released a console named XBOX720, I'm going to take it as ZERO improvement, because 360 degrees and 720 degrees are congruent.

XBOX1080, or XBOX2160 would be slightly better naming than 720, because you can appeal native full-HD (1080P) or quad-HD (2160P). But I know not too many people will switch to quad-HD in the next couple years, or even will be able to.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
the prices on the xbox360 have fallen alot - it's a great value console now so i wouldn't beat yourself up about buying the orginal xbox some years ago

i think the RRP on the arcade xbox is £120 these days where as a PS2 slim is still £90

edit:

also (as others have mentioned) the original xbox is still a great console i have 2 in the house and use them mainly as media streamers with XBMC and as emulators - i swear by them and got my mum one as well (when you can get them for sub £20 at the local car boot, you can't get better value)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3