Hacking Question How many of you use AutoRCM to safe fuses?

Do you use AutoRCM to safe fuses?

• Yes on 3.0.0 or below

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Yes on 4.1.0 or below

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • No, but I use AutoRCM for convenience

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

RapidRaid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

I just heard the news about a certain new OS update, which allows having an emunand partition.
And because I want to have my switch boot normally again I asked myself if I really needed AutoRCM.
The fuses im currently saving are from 4.1.0 with the corresponding nand backup and my sysnand with AutoRCM is currently at 5.1.0.
I heard there are some kind of new fusechecks with the new 6.2.0 update. Is that true?
Maybe someone could clear me up on that. Thanks in advance :)

(Hopefully this thread doesn't exist anywhere else here. If so, im sorry :P)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.0.0 but update to 5.1.0 with ChoiNX for the first time and enable AutoRCM through ReiNX via throttle AutoRCM. A coldboot in the future. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@Kubas_inko Yeah I get what you mean, but I just use my console so rarely and I don't want it to drain it to 0% everytime or let it unnecessarily charge for an eternity.
For autoRCM.. You can leave it to sleep mode and it only drain 1 percent. :)
Or put trinket inside and it will drain about 1.44mah per day. So you have a few years till it is flat.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: RapidRaid

RapidRaid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Or put trinket inside and it will drain about 6ma per day. So you have a few years till it is flat.
Yeah, I wanted to do that, but turns out Im not that good with soldering as I thought.
I ordered an ardunio m0 trinket and tried to get the data line of the microusb soildering points tinned...the soildering point came off...
That was the moment, in which I decided I don't want to do a hardmod with the switch.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah, I wanted to do that, but turns out Im not that good with soldering as I thought.
I ordered an ardunio m0 trinket and tried to get the data line of the microusb soildering points tinned...the soildering point came off...
That was the moment, in which I decided I don't want to do a hardmod with the switch.
If you ever decide to try again, use less heat and there are other D+ and D- points on the other side of the board (somewhere)

Reactions: RapidRaid

eMikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those that use trinket.. The videos I've seen shows that if you boot normally, you boot in to OFW.. If you power up with the vol+ key, you boot in to SXOS.

If this is the case, how do you get to the sxos settings page? Like where you enable emunand and external payload launcher?

heyd_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i did the fuseless update from 3.0.0 to 6.1 and then accidentaly updated to 6.2, i was kinda bothered at the beggining bc i lost the ability to have warmboot hack in the future but now i'm glad it did bc i don't care much about homebrew and warez and only play legit bought and free2play games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1