Hacking How to add new cheats?

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mainly want to know this for when the Super Card DS Two comes out. I know how to get and use some codes. (Go to that huge cheat database, download the scs ones, go to patch, then activate codes)

But how I would I go about adding new codes/games to it?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia

joedanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scc cheats are used only by the old OS, EOS uses usrcheat.dat.
If you want to make scc cheats, there's a thread with some info on how to make them here: http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php/topic,14549.0.html
And if they are for EOS, you need to edit the usrcheat.dat, that can be done using r4cce (http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/soft_en.html) you just need to open the program, then load the database file (usrcheat.dat) then add either a game or a directory/cheat to an existing game. It's pretty much self explanatory when you use the application.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a new DSONEi and it was blank so I put in the latest fireware so it reads Star Wars Lethal Alliance.
Now I have latest scc files but I'm having a problem.
When I boot the game I am shown the game cheats.
Problem: I select the cheats then push B because that is only way to get out of the menu so I don't know if it saves. I try to use the cheats like pushing select and it doesn't work. I go back and look and yes it did not save the cheat selection.
How do I save the selection?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
BankaiCero09 said:
Ok I have a new DSONEi and it was blank so I put in the latest fireware so it reads Star Wars Lethal Alliance.
Now I have latest scc files but I'm having a problem.
When I boot the game I am shown the game cheats.
Problem: I select the cheats then push B because that is only way to get out of the menu so I don't know if it saves. I try to use the cheats like pushing select and it doesn't work. I go back and look and yes it did not save the cheat selection.
How do I save the selection?

we are using EOS and how about you?.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was using new firmware as well yes what ever is newly released I don't know much about DSONEi I only had it for a week and I dislike it.

How do I get new EOS?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
BankaiCero09 said:
I was using new firmware as well yes what ever is newly released I don't know much about DSONEi I only had it for a week and I dislike it.

How do I get new EOS?

why didn't you ask me what to get?

you can try linfoxdomain or go to the official site supercard.sc

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got eos but i still dont know how to activate cheats do i still use scc? so confused this is hardest flashcart ive ever used and tried to figure out atm i have m3 ds real dstt acekard2i and this also dstwo coming soon

joedanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BankaiCero09 said:
i got eos but i still dont know how to activate cheats do i still use scc? so confused this is hardest flashcart ive ever used and tried to figure out atm i have m3 ds real dstt acekard2i and this also dstwo coming soon
You need usrcheat.dat, the file goes in the _dsone directory.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
once usrcheat goes to _dsone directory how do u select and activate cheats? wish there was a video that explained this better im more visual

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i think the steps from the link i gave you is pretty clear..

no offense
unless you have difficulties on locating a game from the menu
otherwise, i don't see how hard it is for someone go to the game they wish to apply cheats/boot and press Y twice
select the cheats they want and press B to exit

joedanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As ElixirDream mentions, the process shouldn't be hard, at least i don't think it's hard to do.
You just need to put the usrcheat.dat file in the _dsone directory and after that when you are in EOS highlight a rom, press Y one time and you should see a dialog (rom settings), there select Cheats on and after that press Y again and it should load the cheat menu.
And when you are there you should be able to select the cheats that you want to use pressing A.
When you finish selecting the cheats, press B to get out of the cheat menu and then press A to get out of the rom settings dialog and then you can load the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3