How to do RAM dump of DS cartridge? (trying to extract save from repro cart)

Susername1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps you should go back and read the rest of this thread from the beginning, then.
It was never mentioned how to actually find the save in the dsiram.bin file. Here's a list of what I understand so far.
1. Use godmode9 to extract the fcram.bin from the MEMORY VIRTUAL option
2. Use zoogie's fcram2dsiram python script (The only script mentioned in this forum) to convert the fcram.bin to a dsiram.bin file
3. Somehow find the save within the dsiram.bin file (this is the part I'm struggling with)
4. Run the save file through pkmn-chest
If you or anyone else knows exactly how to find the save data within the dsiram.bin file please let me know.

Susername1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How incredibly embarrassing. Thanks for showing me though.

Edit: It didn't work at all I don't think it works with ram dumps from repo carts. I still think HxD is the way to go.

Last edited by Susername1,

TheMismatcher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How incredibly embarrassing. Thanks for showing me though.

Edit: It didn't work at all I don't think it works with ram dumps from repo carts. I still think HxD is the way to go.
I was able to extract my save through following advice from these two threads back in the day, given what you've said is this the thread you were referring to?

https://projectpokemon.org/home/for...-from-repro-soul-silver-to-legit-cart/page/2/

Also, if the game won't start when you hit continue, try hitting new game (this will not erase your save, to erase your save you have to input a code on the main menu), mashing through the tutorial and intro, then as soon as your character can walk then soft reset and hit continue. This often will let you play your save. Also, if you are doing the fcram dump to run the python script, it is best to do this process first before you make the dump.

Susername1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to extract my save through following advice from these two threads back in the day, given what you've said is this the thread you were referring to?

https://projectpokemon.org/home/for...-from-repro-soul-silver-to-legit-cart/page/2/
Yeah, that's the thread I first saw. I was able to use the script to get the dsiram.bin file, I just need to find the save data in it. I noticed Zoogie found the save data for you, but I don't know how they did it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty