Hacking How to downgrade Nintendo Switch firmware 6.2.0?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My new display assembly is supposed to come tomorrow. Now I just need to find where I put my Arctic MX-4 tube. Hopefully I won't both this one too. At least it still works in Dock Mode.

AlgernonClarke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm still on 6.1.
My fuse-burn is 7.
The scenario I stated was a theoretical one if I would downgrade once I would be on 6.2.

Right, and that's why I wanted to use ChoiDujourNX - to get on 6.2 without further fuse-burning.
So STILL the same simple question remains:
Is a bootloader like hekate able to boot into OFW on 6.2 (and would this prevent fuse burning) at this time of unavailability of CFW for 6.2 OR is it even impossible to just set up that bootload on 6.2?

So in other words, I thought I could proceed as follows:
1. Load Firmware 6.2 via ChoiDujourNX in order to keep fuses.
2. Start hekate bootloader into that 6.2 Original Firmware in order to keep fuses.
3. If I would have finished using 6.2 OFW, I'd restore my 6.1 backup using hekate to launch OFW or CFW with still 7 burnt fuses again.

So if anyone would FINALLY tell me that WITH NAMED METHOD it isn't possible to launch into OFW with hekate and thus being unable to keep the fuses, I would have clarification.
Since in the FAQ section of the link posted by @larrypretty, there is the statement by the writer "If you ever launched your Switch into Horizon without Hekate/fusee/ReiNX/SXOS on firmware 6.2.0, you will have 8 fuses burnt" SO I'm just wondering if the fuses won't be burnt if you launch WITH Hekate/fusee/ReiNX/SXOS on 6.2 since that sentence possibly could indicate that this wanted opposite indeed IS possible.

Thanks for sticking with me.
As nobody answers you...

You WON'T be able to boot to OFW 6.2 with lower fuse count than 8 without burning them, as HEKATE or ANY PAYLOAD can't boot to OFW 6.2. You will, however, been able to boot to Emunand 6.1-CFW 6.1 but you will have to stuck to that until a fix is found.

You can also update to 6.2 with official means and burn the fuses, that way you will been able to boot to OFW 6.2 normally (without AUTORCM). BUT you won't been able to boot CFW. If you want OFW 6.2 boot AND CFW your only option right now is to do a SD emunand of 6.1 thru SX and lose sleep mode (it should work on OFW, not sure). IF YOU DO THIS, CHECK THAT EMUNAND ON SD IS WORKING BEFORE UPDATING OFW TO 6.2 or you will be screwed.

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I literally cant understand how come someone hacks ones own switch but
dont make a nand back up for possible future problems. I d call it as beyond stupidity.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow! The firmware ofw 6.2.0
Is impressive, I wonder at this level, if it is not nvidia that helped nintendo to write the ofw 6.2.0, ex: the 2 new blob cpu falcon etc....
Nvidia helps him nintendo?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Can someone explains to me:

6.0 OFW -> boot 6.1 emunand = everything is fine
6.2 OFW -> boot 6.1 emunand = sleep mode broken
Downgraded to 6.0 OFW -> boot 6.1 emunand = sleep mode broken

Why? I boot to emunand so it has to ignore fuse checking

Sm0k3r83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When it wakes from sleep, it checks the fuse count again. If the count don't match what it should it panics and ur forced to hard reset

Reactions: Keylogger

Swiminaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
if i share my NAND-Bu (6.1.0) files, would you can downgrade then?
*PM me if intressted.
...i forgot.. i have 6.0 nandBU (not 6.1)..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only thing that people could really use from it is the system NCAs, which can be easily obtained elsewhere like xbins
ya, but if you make a full backup ( before you mod the switch to enable Cfw,like the tuto tells), isn it like a hardreset to ofw ? ((bit confused))

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ya, but if you make a full backup ( before you mod the switch to enable Cfw,like the tuto tells), isn it like a hardreset to ofw ? ((bit confused))

Sure, for the switch that it was backed up from. Except for the fuses, which can't be restored.

Downgrading the nand is easy, it just won't boot without an RCM payload or resume from sleep because of the fuses.

Last edited by smf,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...i forgot.. i have 6.0 nandBU (not 6.1)..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can’t restore someone else’s nand backup

GavBak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't feel bad dude it just did the same f****** thing to me after I watched all the videos last night confirming not to update somehow my system updated while on airplane mode

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme