imauser2023

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all

how to dump physical cartridge and convert to NSP to avoid the Tinfoil error? I know i can override it in the settings by putting in the MGS cheat combo but I want to make sure its a good dump and good conversion so I want NCA signature to stay intact. Anyway to do that?

tx

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't convert an XCI to an NSP without failing signature checks.
(Not without Nintendo's private signing key, anyway)

If you're wanting to install your cartridge dump without an invalid signature warning, you'd be better off installing the XCI directly.

Iirc most installers support installing XCIs directly to your system.

Reactions: mathew77

imauser2023

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tx so much 8bitwonder. so I dump the cartridge and itll be in XCI and it will have its own NCA signature, and then I can just use Tinfoil to install? As long as there are no erros from Tinfoil then thats how I know that the dump is perfect?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tx so much 8bitwonder. so I dump the cartridge and itll be in XCI and it will have its own NCA signature, and then I can just use Tinfoil to install? As long as there are no erros from Tinfoil then thats how I know that the dump is perfect?
I haven't used Tinfoil before, but I imagine it won't throw any errors with an untampered XCI.

If you're only trying to verify it, you might try using NSC Builder, which can verify NSPs and XCI on PC:
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been installing XCIs with DBI absolutely no problem. I used NXDumptool (2.0 poc from their discord server) to dump a title that was installed as XCI as an NSP and it appears to have no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1