• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I did everything exactly as the guide says but I always get error 003-2001. (yes, the password is correct).
Some screenshots would help of your setup or some details in what you are using hardware wise. Please be more specific I'm sure we can help you we just need to know what we are dealing with :)

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some screenshots would help of your setup or some details in what you are using hardware wise. Please be more specific I'm sure we can help you we just need to know what we are dealing with :)

lol since I didn't specify I thought it was implied that I was referring to the guide you wrote in the previous page. maybe I should have said it...
I did everything exactly as you did. I'll try to redo everything from scratch.
I have windows 7 and my wifi card is a qualcomm atheros AR9285. I updated the drivers before trying the guide.
I don't know what else to tell you since I have done really everything the same way you did. the screenshots would look the same.

edit: I found something. the mac address of attwifi is 2E:53:50:4F:4F:4C instead of 4E:53:50:4F:4F:4C, that is the one I put with macshift. I don't think this should prevent the 3ds from connecting, anyway.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
lol since I didn't specify I thought it was implied that I was referring to the guide you wrote in the previous page. maybe I should have said it...
I did everything exactly as you did. I'll try to redo everything from scratch.
I have windows 7 and my wifi card is a qualcomm atheros AR9285. I updated the drivers before trying the guide.
I don't know what else to tell you since I have done really everything the same way you did. the screenshots would look the same.

edit: I found something. the mac address of attwifi is 2E:53:50:4F:4F:4C instead of 4E:53:50:4F:4F:4C, that is the one I put with macshift. I don't think this should prevent the 3ds from connecting, anyway.
That wifi card rings a bell maybe someone here has some experience with that one so they can point you to the right drivers. But you shouldn't bother with macshift just yet you need to make sure first that the 3ds connects to attwifi and passes the connection test.
So let me get this straight you can see the attwifi network with your 3ds but it fails the connection test on the first part?

I think i spotted that as well when i sniffed my attwifi network with my phone. Just be be sure if you know how to use macshift reset your adapter and restore its original mac adress with the command:
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d

And then do again the set hostednetwork and start hostednetwork commands in full to make sure everything is right.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok, I haven't tried yet with the original mac address.

lol after using "macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d" i get blue screens of death every time I touch something related with the wifi card. let's hope a system configuration restore solves everything.

ok no more BSODS. I'll try as soon as I will have re-updated the drivers.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
the error is the same with the original mac address.

it fails on the second part.
Driver problems because I didnt update my wifi usb to the latest caused whenever I typed netsh wlan start hostednetwork i got a reboot on my pc. Ok if it fails on the second part that means you can connect to the wifi but you don't have internet connection. Did you try checking the status of you attwifi connection does it say internet?
If not go to you wired connection and try uncheck sharing and check it back again.
Whats the original mac adress of your attwifi can you see it?

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm gonna go rotfl.
I searched a bit with google and I found out I have to put google's DNS. put them (automatic IP address, primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4) and it connected.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lol I'm gonna try to make it without the wired conection. it should work without problems, right?

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wish it would work for me :/ I'm still getting stuck like I was yesterday with the same stupid error.. might just have to resort to buying a damn wifi card to do this since the one in my laptop is complete and utter crap for this obviously...

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
wish it would work for me :/ I'm still getting stuck like I was yesterday with the same stupid error.. might just have to resort to buying a damn wifi card to do this since the one in my laptop is complete and utter crap for this obviously...
is that the first part or the second part of the test that it fails?

are you using a laptops wifi card and you have a wired connection?

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that the first part or the second part of the test that it fails?

are you using a laptops wifi card and you have a wired connection?

Its the first part of the test that fails just like it was yesterday when you was trying to help me. Yes I'm using the wifi card that is built into my laptop and yes I have a wired connection and yes my drivers are up to date before you ask because I ran updates on my drivers not to long ago to make sure.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
man, I followed the guide by the letter, then put google's DNS instead of 192.168.137.1 and I can connect. do you have everything exactly as it is in the images?

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man, I followed the guide by the letter, then put google's DNS instead of 192.168.137.1 and I can connect. do you have everything exactly as it is in the images?

if your talking to me, yes I have everything exactly as it is in the images. hmm might try google's dns instead but it would probably be pointless since I can't even get it past the first connection part of the test..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically like a sugar crash after a sugar rush/sugar high
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah me neither
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're like chugging down two cans of gfuel
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Hi rez
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hangovers are awful. Luckily I don't drink much these days to begin with, but they're the reason I don't drink - a lot- anymore
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hey there!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking energy drinks may as well be alcohol I remember chugging down 40oz half my body went numb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I don't even drink alcohol either.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my throat still hurts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Slightly less tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get well soon
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: LOL +1