Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone recommend a cheap router that supports DD-WRT that I can buy in Australia? As the router I had previously didn't really work with it, (it kept crashing, no idea why), but was a TP-Link TL-WR740N ver.4.27. It has build 23919 of DD-WRT on it. Still can't work out why the router crashes when using Duke_SRG's script, so it has been reporsposed as a wireless b/g router.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can anyone recommend a cheap router that supports DD-WRT that I can buy in Australia? As the router I had previously didn't really work with it, (it kept crashing, no idea why), but was a TP-Link TL-WR740N ver.4.27. It has build 23919 of DD-WRT on it. Still can't work out why the router crashes when using Duke_SRG's script, so it has been reporsposed as a wireless b/g router.
i'm using a w841N v8

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody been able to get monster hunter X streetpasses? I don't know why that the only game I don't get any streetpass

Psionatix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using the VM method, is there a way to manually cycle to specific mac addresses? I'm completely at a loss for this.

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm using a w841N v8
Yeah, unfortunately I won't be buying that, on ebay it sells for ~$90 Australian. It would cost around the same for a Raspberry Pi.

Next Question, can anyone recommend a USB wifi adapter that works from Windows 7, right up to Windows 10? I see mention of a TP-Link adapter, but it doesn't have Win10 drivers currently. Any help with that regard?

Edit 1: If I were to purchase a D-Link DIR-601 150 Rev A, and after setting it up, plug it into my PC LAN and share my PC's wifi to it via internet connection sharing, would that work? Is there a script for it to auto change? If not, I don't mind changing it manually, as long as I get homepasses. Not available locally.

Edit 2: I can get the TP-Link TL-WN722N 150m High Gain Wireless-N USB Adapter locally from a computer supply chain, but the drivers don't apparently work on Win10. Can anyone point me to a Win10 compatible USB? Only reason being is that I have a mate who has Win10, and isn't very computer savvy, but can be shown how to do things on a computer. I just want something to set up on their laptop so that they can run it at their place. They also live sorta out bush, and only have a pocket wifi that they connect to the internet through, no landline. But the main requirement is Win10 compatibility, with a preference for cheap.

Last edited by ryuragnas,

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just have some Noob question's. I am using the router method and I am using BASE256 with the cycle script. (I think thats what its called)
Question 1.Does it cycle non stop and keep repeating itself?
Question 2.If it does go non stop is there a way to stop it and start it without removing the script from the command area? (I tried entering the /tmp/nzone stop command in the CRON area of Administration - Management then select apply and then save but nothing happened)

angrypoolman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone, this is my first post here, but ive been following this thread for awhile.

I have been using the latest version of NBAHomePass (thanks, NBA_Yoh, you rock!) it is a very simple method and has worked for me on numerous occasions, however, i have been experiencing a few problems and i dont understand how to solve them.

i am using a netgearA6200 as my wireless network adapter and i am on windows 8.

when i turn on my computer and start the process, it seems to work just fine. when i get my first streetpass, i will go ahead and press any key to continue, and this is when it starts the countdown from 300 seconds. sometimes when this happens, my wireless network adapter becomes disabled and there is no way to enable it without restarting my computer. if it stays enabled, and everything is working fine, i click the status of the ConsoleNintendo3DS network, and everything seems to be great, but i get no streetpasses. the packets cap out at about 20,000 usually, and when that happens i get nothing. only when the packets shoot up to 180,000 do i get any street passes. so at this point, i will cycle through the mac addresses, but every time, the packets will only go up to 20,000. it isnt until i restart my computer that i actually have a chance of getting to 180,000 packets and getting another street pass.

this seems to be a very bizarre problem, because it works great, but then i have all these issues and i cant figure out the reason for them because everything seems to be running so smoothly.

i hope i have provided enough meaningful information. thank you guys for any response or help that you have to offer. in the mean time, im just going to have to keep restarting my computer to get street passes :(

Flunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The method noted on GlacierGaming for Windows 10 doesn't work for me.

It stays on "Starting hosted network..." and then my Wi-Fi adapter (built-in) shuts down completely. The command prompt does nothing, and I can't reactivate the adapter. It does absolutely nothing. When I try to shut down my PC, it never shuts down and I have to use the hardware method (keep the power button pressed for 3 seconds). When it turns on again, I can reactivate the adapter.

I've already tried deactivating my antivirus. This is weird, becuse an earlier version of NbaHomePass worked perfectly a month before. Any ideas?
I'm having this exact problem with version 1. With 2.0.2, this doesn't happen until the second prompt to continue, then it disables my wireless. any ideas? have you dealt with this before nba_yoh?

Last edited by Flunkie,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all thanks for the great tutorial on homepass. will definitely give it a try using my laptop and a TP Link USB dongle. But one question: Since I have to use a specific DNS on the 3DS I cannot use tubehax DNS to block a nintendo update (which would be really bad).

So I tried to setup tubehax DNS on my cable connected laptops adapter settings. and this came out when I tried to ping the Nintendo server so see if it blocked it:

http://abload.de/image.php?img=tubehaxdnsjcst6.png

there is definitely a difference (the upper ping was WITH tubehax DNS). but shouldn't tubehax block the ping completely and let it time out?

best wishes! any help is highly appreciated!

angrypoolman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this exact problem with version 1. With 2.0.2, this doesn't happen until the second prompt to continue, then it disables my wireless. any ideas? have you dealt with this before nba_yoh?
i am using the same version you are and am having the same exact problem. sometimes my wireless doesnt disable though, but i still am not able to get any streetpasses anyway until i restart my computer. im not really sure what is going on with it, but im able to get streetpasses after every couple restarts

tithin

Trophies
XP
Country
Need an assist, can't figure out what the problem here is -

C:\>NBAHomePass.exe BASE256 FALSE 300 30
.::NbaHomePass version 1.0 - Developed by Nba_Yoh::.
An error occurred while trying to open the macs list

this is correct yep? What could the error be?

Windows 7, oldish PC, using a D-Link DWA-125 wifi dongle which used to work with nzone, but nzone was a pita so I figured I'd give this one a shot.

angrypoolman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need an assist, can't figure out what the problem here is -

C:\>NBAHomePass.exe BASE256 FALSE 300 30
.::NbaHomePass version 1.0 - Developed by Nba_Yoh::.
An error occurred while trying to open the macs list

this is correct yep? What could the error be?

Windows 7, oldish PC, using a D-Link DWA-125 wifi dongle which used to work with nzone, but nzone was a pita so I figured I'd give this one a shot.

you need to save a list of mac addresses (.txt file) in the same folder as your command prompt, and you need to write nbahomepass.exe BASE256.txt true 300 30. the error you have in what you wrote is that it is missing the .txt in "BASE256.txt" other than that, what you have written is correct and should work.
the list of mac addresses can be found on nba_yoh's download's page. http://mrnbayoh.tumblr.com/downloads

Dubsys

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I'll completely change this question without making a new post, had some problems i sorted out, Will leave a comment on the nbahomepass tumblr as well

Would there be the possibility of adding an option to send a command to reconnect to my network once the wifi adapter exists again? noticed that it's not automatically reconnecting to my wifi because i'm already connected by ethernet

the other way around this would be to just wait 5 seconds after re-enabling the wifi dongle and automatically start another hosted network since i don't use my wifi adapter for anything but this program.

Last edited by Dubsys,

zantaff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this still work? I have a 3DS v 10.3.0-28u
I tried the Windows method in the Duke Srg post and got no results. NZ@McD1 was created, but once connected, did nothing.
I tried the router method, but it just stopped all my internets.

Thanks for any info.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this still work? I have a 3DS v 10.3.0-28u
I tried the Windows method in the Duke Srg post and got no results. NZ@McD1 was created, but once connected, did nothing.
I tried the router method, but it just stopped all my internets.

Thanks for any info.
it does but some games (at least for me ) i get some streetpass but on mhx i get none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious