Status
Not open for further replies.

GreedKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People, I have been reading this thread and it seems that using anything other than Linux or a router is very user unfriendly. If you really want to use this, just buy a cheap router that is capable of running this on DD-WRT and use it as an Access Point, prices lay around the €/$20 and remember that you pay more for a single game, while you get a lot more than most games give you. It is well worth it if you really want to get this working and play with it, if you are done with it, you can always sell the router. This is my advice to you all!

What version WRT54G is it? You can see it at the back of the router, something like v3.2

Just checked it, its a V8

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem I can connect to the internet but not to Nintendo zone or get a street-pass i used macycle and it still does not work anyone know the problem and the Nintendo zone appears as available but does not work when i use it

ArtieMcD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.artiemcdonald.com
XP
Country
United States
. Not sure if this changes anything, or just means the connections remembered their settings from my previous attempts last night.
8. Just change the MAC address for the NIC in step 1 above, and restart the hostednetwork (rerun step 4). That's it.. a few minutes and the 3ds gets a hit. Rinse and repeat. This step is too vague for me to comfortably try to continue. I'd appreciate exact instructions on how I should be changing the MAC address in this step. I'll leave the process at step 7 until I get clarification on step 8.

You quoted the very answer to this question in THIS very post... Go back and look at the last post you made... and run the macshift command that present in the text you quoted (which was in response to the last time you asked how to manually change the mac on a NIC).

BTW, as a clarification... In you case you want to change the MAC on the physical wireless NIC... Step 8 you copied above were for a computer with only a single wireless card.. Not a dual NIC setup you are trying. The dual NIC setup is on page 62 which is essentialy the same thing except the clarification the mac change is on the wireless NIC (which is different than the on then internet sharing was configured on).

GreedKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you set it up as an Access Point, it will not interfere with anything no.

Just finished settin the DD-WRT stuff, and it went well so far, could flash the firmware and clone the MAC Adress... Connected to Nintendo Zone, browsed it a little, but.... no tags until now =/

I'm trying the 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 (standard one), is there one which you recommend?

BTW, thanks for the huge help

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just finished settin the DD-WRT stuff, and it went well so far, could flash the firmware and clone the MAC Adress... Connected to Nintendo Zone, browsed it a little, but.... no tags until now =/

I'm trying the 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 (standard one), is there one which you recommend?

BTW, thanks for the huge help

You did read what you have to do to set it up right? Make SSID attwifi make it open or use WPA2, if you use WPA2, save the profile in your 3DS

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to do that on a Win7 device. Is this also working with a USB WiFi Stick instead of a Wifi Card?

GreedKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You did read what you have to do to set it up right? Make SSID attwifi make it open or use WPA2, if you use WPA2, save the profile in your 3DS

Yeah, made it all ok, no problems. Got my first tag, yay \o/

But i want to know which MAC should I keep, since it's hard to cycle through those MAC's with the router

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still geting a lot of passes with the same Miis even in random mode, using MaCycler and Windows 8 method, the WLAN adapter MAC is correct but the hosted network changes the octect "4E" for "1E"... :unsure:

That is why you are getting so many repeats; I am sure there aren't that many homepass users that have a card that shifts the first octet to 1E, so you are mostly getting that small pool of people.

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to start the process over from scratch, being obsessively careful to follow the directions exactly as given, and have arrived at this error message in VRM: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation."

Here's a screenshot of how the set-up is behaving right now.

My hardware/software set-up remains the same:

Windows 7 method
Using TP-Link Wireless N PCI Express Adapter (Model No. TL-WN881ND)
No cycling scripts running

Looks like you haven't turned on sharing via administrator-run cmd prompt (There is no virtual wifi miniport connection in your screenshot)
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I have a question regarding this, I already manage to set it up but everytime I turn off/put to sleep my computer and open it again, I always need to diagnose the problem and make Windows fix problems with my adapter or IP addressing, same as if I use my Xbox with ethernet connected, I have to restart the modem or the console several times so it works again. So question is, does this mess up with the router and if I keep on doing it, it will die on me or why am I having this problem

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok no more radio off and the script looks like that : * * * * * root /tmp/nzone BASE16
before it was * * * * * root /tmp/nzone.sh 49, BASE16, GBATEMP
i'm not getting any pass for now...

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is why you are getting so many repeats; I am sure there aren't that many homepass users that have a card that shifts the first octet to 1E, so you are mostly getting that small pool of people.
Yeah, we are in similar boats, but I'm in the 2E pool. I believe my wireless card is an Atheros AR9285, but I am not 100% sure since I'm at work so I cannot check. We need to compile a sort of list and figure out why they are handling the virtual hotspot in such a way. Maybe we need to edit our drivers or something since I am always defaulting to 2E no matter what gets put in...actually, I should test and see if it changes the first octet or just the first digit...

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can confirm mac doesn't change on latest v3.4
flashed it 4 times and when i telnet the router to check it's the real mac

ath0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr A0:F3:C1:F5:6F:E8
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:57 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:85 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:8899 (8.6 KiB) TX bytes:19320 (18.8 KiB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @MysticStarlight, Luckily, he survived.