Hacking how to initialize Switch after being banned?

Sai3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How to initialize switch after being banned..sorry for typo
I tried and it gave me the famous banned error message.

Last edited by Sai3DS,

Sai3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just curious but, what's the point of initializing after getting banned?
well..i had some troubles and i am too lazy to find a solution so i decided to start fresh by initializing the switch..but if i have a link nintendo account, u cant reset switch...everything is working perfectly fine now..initializing through recovery worked...

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you don't already understand this, re-initializing your Switch will not suddenly make it unbanned. Your Switch console has a unique certificate that is banned on the server-side, you cannot remove this ban from the server. Your only hope is that a future CFW will be released that will allow you to override this unique certificate. Currently this does not exist, and it might not ever exist, but even if it does get created, you will still need a valid certificate from another Switch that hasn't been banned. And if Nintendo sees multiple copies of the same certificate online simultaneously, there is a good chance that they will ban that new certificate as well.

So you're basically screwed, unless Nintendo neglects banning for shared certificates (like public seeds currently in the 3DS scene...) or you buy a "private" Switch certificate from someone else (this also happens in the 3DS scene, and you really have no proof that they haven't sold that "private" seed to multiple people). Or, you could buy another Switch tablet and rip the certificate from it, but at that point you might as well just use that other Switch tablet.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Sai3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
In case you don't already understand this, re-initializing your Switch will not suddenly make it unbanned. Your Switch console has a unique certificate that is banned on the server-side, you cannot remove this ban from the server. Your only hope is that a future CFW will be released that will allow you to override this unique certificate. Currently this does not exist, and it might not ever exist, but even if it does get created, you will still need a valid certificate from another Switch that hasn't been banned. And if Nintendo sees multiple copies of the same certificate online simultaneously, there is a good chance that they will ban that new certificate as well.

So you're basically screwed, unless Nintendo neglects banning for shared certificates (like public seeds currently in the 3DS scene...) or you buy a "private" Switch certificate from someone else (this also happens in the 3DS scene, and you really have no proof that they haven't sold that "private" seed to multiple people). Or, you could buy another Switch tablet and rip the certificate from it, but at that point you might as well just use that other Switch tablet.

thanks..but this is not the case :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Were you hoping to unban yourself?
no...i just want to reset switch..i dont care about ban...

Sai3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
He’s trying to be evil and sell it...
Okay..its like this..I was playing around with layeredfs, installing backups all that..then something happened that made me unable to load backup games..i got an error and sometimes freezes..
so i tried deleting files, moving them here and there to try solve my problem..after awhile i gave up trying..i decided to reset my switch because at the back of my mind, i thought some files in the switch got corrupted..idk..
but when i tried to reset the console, it gave me the ban error message and said i cant unlink my nintendo account..and if i cant unlink my nintendo account,it means i cant reset my console from system settings..
now i know we can reset our switch without unlink our nintendo account from recovery..
thank you all for helping and showing concern..i hope some people out there can benefit from this :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2