Gaming How to know if your 3DS had been connected to the eShop?

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
So I bought my 3DS pre-updated (I don't have a way to update it here in my area; no WIFI) so I'm happy the store I bought it from updated it for me (FW 2.1.0-3U).

I was wondering that since to avail the Ambassador freebies, you have to have accessed the eShop before Aug 12, 2011. So I checked the activity log and the store accessed the eShop for like 1 minute before sending it to me. I'm not sure if they had been able to connect it online though.

Facts:
QUOTE said:
The 3DS has a web browser(which I believe you only get by updating the FW)
It has a Pokedex 3D icon.

Some questions:
QUOTE1. How do I know for sure that I'm entitled to the ambassador program without going online with my 3DS?
2. Does having the Pokedex 3D icon(not downloaded yet) confirms that my 3DS had accessed the eShop?

Thanks!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest picking up a $20 router and hook it up if you want to make sure about the connection. I would imagine you're fine, but with no wi-fi, you'll have a hard time redeeming your gift anyways.

johnny1233465487

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo go to a local mcdonalds or something they offer free wifi ( well here in aust anywy)
then just log onto the e-shop n download a free app to make sure

D

Deleted_171835

They should give you the freebies considering that the 3DS has been connected to the eShop. If they don't, I'm sure you can complain to Nintendo customer support.

Shadow#1 said:
if u dont connect on the 11th u wont get the freebies
No, that's not right. You'll get the free games as long as you connect anytime before the 12th.

D

Deleted User

While nothing is confirmed, I'm sure it automatically knows based on system ID if the 3ds has connected pre price cut.

QUOTE said:
If you purchased a 3DS anytime before the price cut date, you will receive 10 free Virtual Console NES and 10 free Gameboy Advance games. Users must connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before the price cut date. They will then be automatically registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Shadow#1 said:
if u dont connect on the 11th u wont get the freebies

I know that. What I wanted to know is that (since my 3DS has connected to the web before I bought it), is whether having the pokedex 3d menu (not downloaded yet) could be thought of as having accessed the eshop.

Or is the pokedex 3D icon part of an update and not of the eshop?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Shadow#1 @ Jul 31 2011, 04:47 AM) if u dont connect on the 11th u wont get the freebies

I know that. What I wanted to know is that (since my 3DS has connected to the web before I bought it), is whether having the pokedex 3d menu (not downloaded yet) could be thought of as having accessed the eshop.

Or is the pokedex 3D icon part of an update and not of the eshop?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
relminator said:
So I bought my 3DS pre-updated (I don't have a way to update it here in my area; no WIFI) so I'm happy the store I bought it from updated it for me (FW 2.1.0-3U).

I was wondering that since to avail the Ambassador freebies, you have to have accessed the eShop before Aug 12, 2011. So I checked the activity log and the store accessed the eShop for like 1 minute before sending it to me. I'm not sure if they had been able to connect it online though.

Facts:
QUOTE said:
The 3DS has a web browser(which I believe you only get by updating the FW)
It has a Pokedex 3D icon.

Some questions:
QUOTE1. How do I know for sure that I'm entitled to the ambassador program without going online with my 3DS?
2. Does having the Pokedex 3D icon(not downloaded yet) confirms that my 3DS had accessed the eShop?

Thanks!
You're Good.

The fact that it has the Poke 3D icon means that the system has visited the shop before.

D

Deleted User

I would log into the store to be sure, I mean you're going to need wifi to download it. Ever look into a USB adapter for you PC?

The icon does not mean he's visited the shop, I got the Pokedex 3d and Nintendo video when my nephew got his 3ds this week via an update, but had to log into the shop to get it.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
ah, i remember now. If launching the icons prompt you for download, then it's from Spotpass, and not really the full app but a placeholder. this means you still need to connect to the eShop.

if, however, you launch the icon and it opens up the app itself, with all the pokemon details in it (well, at least the first 16 pokemons included), then the 3DS has been to the eShop at least once.

so yeah, if you can launch the app, you're good to go with the ambassador program. but as someone suggested, better get a wifi fix/solution if you're planning on actually getting the freebies, hehe.

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download a freebie just to make sure.... Even if someone else has, you don't know that....

You want the freebies? you gotta make a bit of an effort

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol