How to make random baked good

Is this even useful?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Why the heck did you pst a banana cake recipe?

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
OP
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Since nobody asked, here is a delicious recipe for Banana Cake copied and pasted from the internet:

• 3 large ripe bananas (about 1 and 1/2 cups mashed)
  • 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 cups (360ml) buttermilk, at room temperature*
Cream Cheese Frosting

• 8 ounces (224g) full-fat block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 3 cups (360g) confectioners’ sugar, plus an extra 1/4 cup if needed
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×13 inch pan.
  2. Make the cake: Mash the bananas. I usually just use my mixer for this! Set mashed bananas aside.
  3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
  4. Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat on high speed for 2 minutes until creamed together. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the eggs and the vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until combined, then beat in the mashed bananas. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk and mixing each addition just until incorporated. Do not overmix. The batter will be slightly thick and a few lumps is OK.
  5. Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find the top of the cake is browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
  6. Remove the cake from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely. After about 45 minutes, I usually place it in the refrigerator to speed things up.
  7. Make the frosting: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes. If you want the frosting a little thicker, add the extra 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar. Spread the frosting on the cooled cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. This helps sets the frosting and makes cutting easier.
  8. Cover leftover cake tightly and store in the refrigerator for 5 days.

EDIT: LMFAO This post was moved from the Scott Cawthon thread!

Last edited by WG481,
Reactions: AmandaRose

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
  • 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1/3 cup (80g) plain yogurt or sour cream, at room temperature (I use Greek yogurt)
  • 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • optional: 3/4 cup (100g) chopped pecans or walnuts

Instructions
Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour pockets remain. Do not overmix. Fold in the nuts, if using.
Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to help prevent the top and sides from getting too brown. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf will come out clean when the bread is done. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Banana bread tastes best on day 2 after the flavors have settled together. See post above for freezing instructions.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buttermilk in a banana cake? Interesting twist I had not expected.

Anyway my chosen take on banana cake is hummingbird cake. Has blown all banana breads out of the water for me.

Ingredients

250 ml olive oil , plus extra for greasing
350 g self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
350 g golden caster sugar
4 medium very ripe bananas
1 x 425 g tin of pineapple chunks
2 large free-range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50 g pecans

Volumetric measurements for non liquids are for cretins.
If you chop up your own pineapple then it makes it a bit drier, but still super moist (it is olive oil still as the fat after all).
If you don't like bananas then I have used canned pumpkin and it was delicious, and various takes on apple sauces (be it stewed, apple butter), tropical fruit cups... basically anything that is about the same texture, sort of as moist, and consistent as mashed banana.
Have done with about 70% vegetable oil/rapeseed oil with the balance olive oil when I ran low on olive oil last year and it was not really in shops. Changes it up a bit but still very tasty.
If you are having to make it for a vegan or someone that can't eat eggs then I did use an egg substitute once (in my case chickpea flour based). Worked just fine. Unless you put chocolate chips in (which I sometimes do) then no dairy to otherwise replace either.
Don't have to use chopped nuts but nice enough.
I do also tend to go for a mix of light and dark brown sugar.
With most cinnamon based things I add more cinnamon (Vietnamese is better than Chinese or Sri Lankan) because it is delicious.

Method
see link below said:
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
Grease and line two 23cm round cake tins.
Sift the flour and cinnamon into a mixing bowl, then add the sugar and a large pinch of sea salt.
Peel the bananas and mash them up with a fork in another bowl. Drain and finely chop the pineapple and add to the bananas with the oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, then fold into the dry mixture until smooth.
Finely chop the pecans and gently fold in, then divide the batter evenly between your prepared tins. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until risen, golden and the sponges spring back when touched lightly in the centre.
Run a knife around the edge of the tins, then leave to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/hummingbird-cake/ also covers frosting and brittle you might add on top, however I like it plain.

If you have someone that does not like bananas I have also kept the bananas for the last moment and split the mix up to have one of the substitutes.

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
(note: this recipe was generated by GPT-2, don't actually try to cook this as it will result in a foul blend of random ingredients)

Here is a delicious recipe for Crunchy Eggplant Rolls copied and pasted from the internet aswell:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cucumbers, diced
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • ½ cup of cooked wild rice
  • ¼ cup of cooked vegetables, such as corn and carrots
  • ¼ cup of diced hard boiled egg
  • Pinch of sugar
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • ¼ cup tahini
Prepatation:
Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and continue to sauté for 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Remove from heat. Stir in the vegetables, rice, and egg. Mix in the remaining ingredients and cook until the rice is fluffy. Roll up the rolls in a leaf of lettuce and serve immediately . Notes I use a very basic combination of greens and beans in my wraps: spinach, carrots, red pepper, black beans, and pumpkin. If you don't want to have to buy extra ingredients, or you're looking for more variety, try pea sprouts, cucumber, parsley, or broccoli. Wonton wrappers are very versatile in terms of vegetables. You can buy them dried or fresh. The dried form is convenient for this recipe, but the fresh ones have a lighter and more delicate texture, so I prefer them for when I have lots of people to feed.

Nutrition Information Serving Size 1 of 6 quesadillas | Calories 220 calories | Total Fat 12 grams

Saturated Fat 5 grams | Sodium 2090 milligrams | Total Carbohydrates 23 grams

Fiber 5 grams | Sugar 2 grams | Protein 11 grams

* Nutrition data is approximate and is for informational purposes only.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(note: this recipe was generated by GPT-2, don't actually try to cook this as it will result in a foul blend of random ingredients)

Here is a delicious recipe for Crunchy Eggplant Rolls copied and pasted from the internet aswell:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cucumbers, diced
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • ½ cup of cooked wild rice
  • ¼ cup of cooked vegetables, such as corn and carrots
  • ¼ cup of diced hard boiled egg
  • Pinch of sugar
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • ¼ cup tahini
Prepatation:
Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and continue to sauté for 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Remove from heat. Stir in the vegetables, rice, and egg. Mix in the remaining ingredients and cook until the rice is fluffy. Roll up the rolls in a leaf of lettuce and serve immediately . Notes I use a very basic combination of greens and beans in my wraps: spinach, carrots, red pepper, black beans, and pumpkin. If you don't want to have to buy extra ingredients, or you're looking for more variety, try pea sprouts, cucumber, parsley, or broccoli. Wonton wrappers are very versatile in terms of vegetables. You can buy them dried or fresh. The dried form is convenient for this recipe, but the fresh ones have a lighter and more delicate texture, so I prefer them for when I have lots of people to feed.

Nutrition Information Serving Size 1 of 6 quesadillas | Calories 220 calories | Total Fat 12 grams

Saturated Fat 5 grams | Sodium 2090 milligrams | Total Carbohydrates 23 grams

Fiber 5 grams | Sugar 2 grams | Protein 11 grams

* Nutrition data is approximate and is for informational purposes only.

Leaving aside that tomatoes and aubergine/eggplant are disgusting, and that said ingredients don't include aubergine/eggplant that might actually work. Tahini (sesame paste, one of the main ingredients in hummous, though also used in some sweet dishes), especially that much of it, is an interesting twist but could serve as a binding agent. That is a lot of cucumber, though replacing it with pickles could do.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Batenburg cake recipe I like to use.

Ingredients
For the cake
To decorate
Method
  • STEP 1

Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Using a double layer of foil, make a barrier down the center of a 20cm square tin (or use a battenberg tin), then line each compartment with 2 pieces of baking parchment. Put all the cake ingredients except the food colouring in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric hand whisk until smooth. Tip half the cake mixture into one side of the tin. Quickly mix the food colouring into the remaining cake mixture. When you have a smooth and vivid pink colour, scrape this mixture into the other side of the tin, then spread both mixtures to the edges of their sections. Bake for 25-30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 15 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

• STEP 2
    Place the cakes on a chopping board and trim the sides of each one to give you a straight edge. Cut each one in half lengthways to give you 2 pink and 2 plain rectangular sponges, using a ruler if you want to be really exact. If the sponges are a little taller than they are wide, trim some sponge from the tops as well – this will ensure you have a perfect square when you come to assemble the cake.

• STEP 3
    Heat the apricot jam in a small pan or the microwave, then sieve it. Lightly dust a work surface with a little icing sugar, then roll out a quarter of the marzipan to a rectangle roughly 20 x 10cm. Brush the surface with the warm apricot jam, then place 1 plain sponge and 1 pink sponge side by side on top, brushing the middle of the cakes with a little jam to stick them together. Brush the top of the cakes with more jam, then place the remaining sponges on top, with more jam in between, in a chequerboard pattern.

• STEP 4
    Roll out the remaining marzipan to a rectangle roughly 20 x 25cm. Brush any remaining jam over the outside of the assembled cake. Using a rolling pin to help, lift the marzipan over the cake. Smooth it over the top and sides, and press gently into the corners so it wraps the cake tightly. Trim any excess marzipan about 1cm from the sides of the cake, and trim a thin slice off either end to neaten. To finish, crimp the marzipan around the base by pinching with your finger and thumb.

Reactions: WG481

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buttermilk in a banana cake? Interesting twist I had not expected.

Anyway my chosen take on banana cake is hummingbird cake. Has blown all banana breads out of the water for me.

Ingredients

250 ml olive oil , plus extra for greasing
350 g self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
350 g golden caster sugar
4 medium very ripe bananas
1 x 425 g tin of pineapple chunks
2 large free-range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50 g pecans

Volumetric measurements for non liquids are for cretins.
If you chop up your own pineapple then it makes it a bit drier, but still super moist (it is olive oil still as the fat after all).
If you don't like bananas then I have used canned pumpkin and it was delicious, and various takes on apple sauces (be it stewed, apple butter), tropical fruit cups... basically anything that is about the same texture, sort of as moist, and consistent as mashed banana.
Have done with about 70% vegetable oil/rapeseed oil with the balance olive oil when I ran low on olive oil last year and it was not really in shops. Changes it up a bit but still very tasty.
If you are having to make it for a vegan or someone that can't eat eggs then I did use an egg substitute once (in my case chickpea flour based). Worked just fine. Unless you put chocolate chips in (which I sometimes do) then no dairy to otherwise replace either.
Don't have to use chopped nuts but nice enough.
I do also tend to go for a mix of light and dark brown sugar.
With most cinnamon based things I add more cinnamon (Vietnamese is better than Chinese or Sri Lankan) because it is delicious.

Method

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/hummingbird-cake/ also covers frosting and brittle you might add on top, however I like it plain.

If you have someone that does not like bananas I have also kept the bananas for the last moment and split the mix up to have one of the substitutes.
Did the pumpkin variety today. Used cashews, pistachios, choc chips and subbed the bananas for pumpkin from a can.
Will be better in a few hours/tomorrow morning when it has properly cooled down but tastes great now.
pumpkin_hummingbird.JPG

The Batenburg cake recipe I like to use.
[/LIST]
Sadly too many people claim to make batenburg but use almond flavoured paste rather than marzipan. Basically heresy as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: WG481

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The waffles that I make

Ingredient List
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
  • Fresh berries, if desired
Preparation
  1. Heat waffle iron. (Waffle irons without a nonstick coating may need to be brushed with vegetable oil or sprayed with cooking spray before batter for each waffle is added.)
  2. In large bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except berries just until smooth.
  3. Pour slightly less than 3/4 cup batter onto center of hot waffle iron. (Check manufacturer’s directions for recommended amount of batter.) Close lid of waffle iron.
  4. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle. Serve immediately. Top with fresh berries. Repeat with remaining batter.
Tips
  • For 7 grams of fat and 255 calories per serving, substitute 1/2 cup fat-free cholesterol free egg product for the eggs, use fat-free (skim) milk and decrease oil to 3 tablespoons.
  • Adding toppings to your waffle is an easy way to put a fun twist on your normal breakfast. 1. Apple-Rum Butter topping: Beat 1/2 cup softened butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup Apple Butter and 1 teaspoon rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract to taste. 2. Blackberry-Lime Sauce: In small saucepan, combine 2 cups blackberries or raspberries, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. Simmer sauce for 10-15 minutes until berries break down and sauce slightly thickens; stir in 1 teaspoon grated lime peel. 3. Cherry and Granola Topping: Top with about 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt and 1/4 cup frozen (thawed) sweet cherries; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons granola. 4. Maple Yogurt Topping with Candied Nuts and Bananas: Stir in 1/3 cup real maple syrup into 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt; top pancakes with maple yogurt; sprinkle with candied or regular walnuts, or pecans and sliced bananas. 5. Red, White and Blueberries Topping: Melt 1/4 cup raspberry preserves in small saucepan; add about 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice. Serve sauce with pancakes, fresh blueberries and 1/2 cup crème fraiche or sour cream mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar. 6. Super Sundae Topping: Drizzle pancakes with warm chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup; top with sliced bananas, fresh strawberries, chopped toasted pecans, sweetened whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
  • Waffle irons uses different amount of batter, so you may end up with more or less than six waffles from this recipe.

• 2DCB67F8-A4C0-4A91-B365-5EB8934448EB.jpeg

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Megatron "Prime why throw away your life!" Prime "How do I think I got these gold rims!!!"
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time