ROM Hack How to mod Switch/load Custom Levels for Odyssey?

StarLight42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have access to Super Mario Odyssey's files and have been messing around with the editor for a little while, but there's a big problem.

The pathway to mod the Switch has been extremely confusing to me. I have been able to mod my Wii and 3DS in the past, but the Switch seems like a whole different beast. There's warnings about screwing up and bricking your system, etc. Using a paperclip or aluminum foil on the side of the Switch? Wow. Also, once my mods are running, should I be forbidden from updating my system and turning online features on? (Keep in mind, I didn't buy NSO, so i'm not really losing out on anything by sacrificing my system's online capabilities.

I would really appreciate it if someone could link me to the most up to date, reliable tutorial on how to mod my Switch to be able to load custom Odyssey levels (with layerdfs i'm assuming). I don't care for anything else regarding Switch modding at the moment. Multiple people have linked me to multiple different tutorials and ways to do things and i'm genuinely worried i'll screw up something and brick my Switch.

My Switch is v 6.1.0

LuigiFan1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have access to Super Mario Odyssey's files and have been messing around with the editor for a little while, but there's a big problem.

The pathway to mod the Switch has been extremely confusing to me. I have been able to mod my Wii and 3DS in the past, but the Switch seems like a whole different beast. There's warnings about screwing up and bricking your system, etc. Using a paperclip or aluminum foil on the side of the Switch? Wow. Also, once my mods are running, should I be forbidden from updating my system and turning online features on? (Keep in mind, I didn't buy NSO, so i'm not really losing out on anything by sacrificing my system's online capabilities.

I would really appreciate it if someone could link me to the most up to date, reliable tutorial on how to mod my Switch to be able to load custom Odyssey levels (with layerdfs i'm assuming). I don't care for anything else regarding Switch modding at the moment. Multiple people have linked me to multiple different tutorials and ways to do things and i'm genuinely worried i'll screw up something and brick my Switch.

My Switch is v 6.1.0
Did you ever figure this out? I'm interested bc im trying to mod odyssey on my switch and its really hard to find a guide on how to do it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Did you ever figure this out? I'm interested bc im trying to mod odyssey on my switch and its really hard to find a guide on how to do it.
First check https://ismyswitchpatched.com/
If your Switch is not RCM patched then I'd recommend getting an RCMLoader One dongle that you can use to inject RCM payloads easily so you don't need to use a PC or smartphone to do it. It also comes with the RCM jig you'll need. You can get them on AliExpress and probably on eBay too.
I don't know if there's a definitive guide to use, the ones I know of do not include sig patches (which are not strictly needed for game modding but needed to install nsps)
But this guide is decent: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
If you want sig patches you can add them afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Caller -"Everytime I start a game on my S24, playing on a external monitor, someone calls or...