ROM Hack How to rebuild/extract .3ds files ??

Louis Miles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm really in trouble. All what i want to do, is to extract and rebuild files from a .3ds file. I've tried ctrtool but i understand completely nothing. Then i tried Hackingtoolkit3ds, but it doesn't work. The program says "Extraction done" but there happend nothing.
Please can someone help me?
Thanks in advantage :)

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
The toolkitconsole.exe just flashes when i try to open it?

It doesn't seem to open for me at all, or is that normal? If so, how exactly do you use the tool?
Shift+Right-Click in Windows Explorer and choose "Open Command Window Here", then type the commands listed in the thread.

FGF111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shift+Right-Click in Windows Explorer and choose "Open Command Window Here", then type the commands listed in the thread.
Yup, that worked and the extractor also worked well and i'm editing the files in pk3DS now.

You have no idea how long i spent trying to figure out how to work the other tools and it's nice that something finally works (it's so simple too). I love you, full homo.

Louis Miles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't work for me! I'm trying to create a 3ds for citra. I moved the folder with all the files from the game to the tool, but when starting the tool with the command, it gives error messages. It tells me, that a exheader is missing or something.

EDIT: Ok got it working. But i got a new problem: It says, that the build was completed, but there appeared no file at all

Last edited by Louis Miles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: