Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
hey , everone

What the virus does---

The Win32 Heur virus is a nasty little bugger that will slow down your computer; cause you to be re-directed to websites; and pop up odd boxes at startup.

This file lies in the Windows folder as well in the registry. A manual removal is not possible since this virus contains a .bat executable that repeatedly loads after attempting to remove it.

On my pc i didn't care and now my whole windows xp is down, its crashed, so i have to use Ubuntu !

Now the real problem is, its showing the same virus on my dads laptop!, when i tried to manually remove it on my pc, the pc crashed and still dosent load windows.

I dont want to do the same mistake on my dads laptop!, can someone please help me and tell me how to remove this virus safely...
If you have had this virus and removed it , pls let me know ,how!

This is urgent as after the virus has been on your comp for about 3 days , the comp crashes.. now its on my dads laptop for about 2 days!

Please help all you great people!

OH SHIT WRONG SECTION!- SORRY!, CAN I MEMBER OF STAFF CHANGE IT TO PROPER SECTION PLS!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, this has nothing to do with NDS Rom Hacking or Translations...

Second... this is the easy part...

Load a Linux Live disc, copy all the pictures/documents/music/movies and stuff you need to save to a new partition, or flash drive... format the HD, reinstall Windows, and get a fucking anti-virus program!

AVG is the best out there... low memory footprint, scans EVERYTHING, but doesn't slow the system down that much...

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
zidane_genome said:
First, this has nothing to do with NDS Rom Hacking or Translations...

Second... this is the easy part...

Load a Linux Live disc, copy all the pictures/documents/music/movies and stuff you need to save to a new partition, or flash drive... format the HD, reinstall Windows, and get a fucking anti-virus program!

AVG is the best out there... low memory footprint, scans EVERYTHING, but doesn't slow the system down that much...

first ,read the thing, it says "H SHIT WRONG SECTION!- SORRY!, CAN I MEMBER OF STAFF CHANGE IT TO PROPER SECTION PLS! "

Second- I do have"fucking" AVG,the latest and have other programs too...

I asked how to get rid of the virus, not how to reinstall windows , that is the last choice....any virus can be rid like that!

so if anyone has another idea please let me know...

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Write down where the files are running from and reboot in safe mode and delete said files aswell as HKCU or HKLM \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run entries referring to them. Also check their PID in Task Manager then go to the Services tab to see If they if they're running from a service. Disable it through services.msc then. lf any of these quirks run in Safe Mode aswell, then boot from an XP or Vista disk and use the command prompt to delete them.

Security-wise, NOD32 + Symantec AntiVirus Corporate run together without conflict on XP and Vista. Use NOD32 2.7 for Vista 64. Always keep 2.7's IMON permanently disabled and avoid using COMODO with NOD32 3.0 unless you manually rip the Internet scanning out of the program which isn't too hard. COMODO Firewall(do not install COMODO Antivirus) has a Terminate and Block option in itshttp://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155583&st=0&gopid=1985513&# task manager that permakills any and all malware.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember when you remove it to disable your system restore to wipe any restores you have there (virus files can hide out in restore files and reappear when you use them) once its clean then re enable your system restore
smile.gif

Common removal tools to use SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY, SPYWARE TERMINATOR 2, MALWARE ANTIBITES (its a full package of tools) etc and use a good antivirus such as AVG freeware , AVAST freeware etc and makesure whatever you use that you update it before each use to make sure you have the latest definitions
smile.gif

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Avira has a good removal tool, that you'll have to run in safe mode. Maybe it is possible to remove the virsus with it.
I've had worse shit than HEUR on my comp, even using an anti-virus program with a life guard. It couldn't even warn me, because the damn virusses I had infected it itself.

I remember that I've had that HEUR thing once, using another anti virus program but I DID get rid of it before it could cause more harm than the other two I got, destroying every fucking executable it could find... But I could even fix that without having to reinstall Windows so you might try the removal tool in safe mode and make sure to delete every of the virus' files.

And as mentioned above, remove every system restoration point you have, as virusses STAY in there and will come back. If you'd have to reinstall everything due to the virus they would be of no use anyway.

Good luck there. ^^"

I'm suing Avast! Anti-Virus btw, and I've never had a problem and the warning system is reliable and doesn't cry for every shit that doesn't contain any virus. It's frreeware for private users too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1