How to rip videos from Dreamcast games

TimzUneeverse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I stumbled across the opening to the Dreamcast version of Puyo Puyo~N, which you'd see down below:

I looked in the description. It reads:
"This video was ripped from the game (not a recording) and has been upscaled to 1080p to keep the quality as high as possible."

That statement got me thinking: how do you rip a video from a Dreamcast game ISO? I'm just curious.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8045 < Follow this tutorial up to the point where you extract the contents from a CDI file. At that point, you'll have the contents of the CDI file, which will include any video/audio files as well as game data. You may need to convert the files, depending on what file format the dev used, but from there you can just google how to convert from XYZ to a more modern format.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

You can mount the Image (CDI or ISO) with an tool like Alcohol and search for files with .SFD extensions,thats the common Video format for Dreamcast.

The videos are created with MPEG SofDec:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011101161000/www.cric.co.jp/english/mmlab_sfd_e.htm

And then you need a tool for converting.Sorry i don´t have an actual link/tool.:(
I remember TMPGEnc can handle it...
EDIT:PES Video Converter

Good luck.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Wencheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to extract video files in wii RE4 The video format of wii RE4 is SFD How to replace the new video with the wii video convert the SFD to play in the wii game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...