Fladulator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heyho,

I wondered how to set a simple background pic for WiiFlow Lite. After checking every option I was confused since there's no option for that. Since I just want to put a wallpaper and nothing else, I decided to download Rhapsodii Shima 5.4 by @Tetsuo Shima and searched the .ini-file for his vapor.png which is the basic background image. I checked the points in which vapor.png was set and created those topics on the same places in my default.ini and did the following:

1) Backgrounds subfolder
I created a folder called Stu within the backgrounds folder SD:/wiiflow/backgrounds/Stu and put the vapor.png right there and renamed it into background.png so it would be exchangeable easily in the future.
1645396224014.png

2) Writing new entries for backgrounds into the .ini file
I renamed every vapor.png into background.png and saved the modified default.ini as Stu.ini
1645396335696.png
1645396424192.png

3) Testing via WiiFlow Lite
I started WiiFlow lite, switched the theme to "Stu" and reloaded cache for both, GameCube and Wii.
But nothing happened. Where's the magic happening? :D
What did I miss?

Thank you in advance :)

Best,
Fladulator / TuF

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you wouldve got a faster reply had you posted this in the wii forum. your lucky i just now saw this today.

do you want to change wiiflow's default background?
or change rhapsodii shima's theme background?

the background pics in wiiflow/backgrounds are backgrounds to display behind the coverflow depending upon the platform of the games you are viewing.

wiiflows default background (shown when you are not using a theme) is located in apps/wiiflow/imgs. just replace it if you want.
rhapsodii shima's background is in wiiflow/themes_lite/rhapsodii shima folder which has all the images for that theme. just replace vapor.png.

if you want to create a new theme ini named stu.ini you also need to create a new folder named stu (wiiflow/themes_lite/stu) to put your new background png.

Reactions: Fladulator

Fladulator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much. I just wanted to put a background and stay with the standard theme. That's all. I downloaded Rhapsody Shiima to check out the config file and where the files are stored. So I needed sth as a template to see how everything is set up.

I'm going to check it out by tomorrow and give feedback :)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. I just wanted to put a background and stay with the standard theme. That's all. I downloaded Rhapsody Shiima to check out the config file and where the files are stored. So I needed sth as a template to see how everything is set up.

I'm going to check it out by tomorrow and give feedback :)
it sounds like you just want to change the wiiflow default background.

Fladulator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it sounds like you just want to change the wiiflow default background.

That's what I said :)

So now I checked your path. Thank you so much. I was about to just let it go and stay with the black bg. I used vapor.png to test it:

Mar-28-2022-08h59m23s.png

Since vapor.png is in 4:3 and the screenshot is, too. I assume that I have to set a bg in 4:3 and it's going to be stretched into 16:9 in the vWii version of WiiFlow. Is there any restriction in size and resolution?

Last edited by Fladulator,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I said :)

So now I checked your path. Thank you so much. I was about to just let it go and stay with the black bg. I used vapor.png to test it:

View attachment 303630

Since vapor.png is in 4:3 and the screenshot is, too. I assume that I have to set a bg in 4:3 and it's going to be stretched into 16:9 in the vWii version of WiiFlow. Is there any restriction in size and resolution?
the smaller the better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4