Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, there are more than 200 demos (at least on the jp store) - most will work :)
but still, it's nothing specific to 'demos'. games/apps, i guess updates too, can all require the new keys.
it's not like the demo will require a new key, whilst the actual full game will not :D
If I reset my N3DS and change the region to Japan. Can I install Japanese demos?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If I reset my N3DS and change the region to Japan. Can I install Japanese demos?

well, you can install whatever stuff you want
if you want to get them from the jp eshop yourself, yes, it seems you will have to change your region to japan, then do a bit of hacking to get a working eshop
but if you are hacked, there is no real reason to use demos...

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got scared pretty good right now: n3DS XL 9.2.0-20, spoofed firmware so I could use the savedata transfer tool to move a cart save to the eshop version of the game. I just clicked yes, yes, ok, yes, yes and suddently it said updating and a blue bar moved from left to right O.O

No clue what it did update exactly though ... luckily I'm still on 9.2.0-20

Every time you run the tool it demands to download the list of blacklisted titles off Nintendo servers. Every. Single. Time. Even if it's two seconds after you closed it.

Reactions: cearp

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I would like to preform a system transfer between my old3ds emunand that is currently at 9.5 to my new3DS which is at 9.0.

To my understanding I need them to both be considered the "newest" firmware, and since I cannot system transfer between 9.0 and 9.7 (as stated in the op) I'm needing some clever way to do this.

My New3DS has 9.0 and the emunand is 9.5 (can be anything between 9.0 and 9.5)
Old3DS is 9.2 and emunand is 9.5 (can be anything between 9.2 and 9.7)

I have cubic ninja, and two copies of gateway and thus I can pull off the New3DS being spoofed to the newest firmware.

Could anyone give me some advice on how to handle this? Also if it matters the only thing I have interest in is transferring mii plaza data.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS -> update to 9.2
O3ds -> manually transfer saves/data from emunand to sysnand
n3ds -> patch and start system transfer
o3ds -> system transfer from sysnand
n3ds -> make new emunand & update to 9.5

Reactions: Necrojinsei

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS -> update to 9.2
O3ds -> manually transfer saves/data from emunand to sysnand
n3ds -> patch and start system transfer
o3ds -> system transfer from sysnand
n3ds -> make new emunand & update to 9.5

I see, that would be a smart thing to do. But how does one transfer mii plaza data from emuNAND to sysNAND? Could you link me to where I could find a tutorial for this?

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's one on here not more then 5 pages back, just search for it.

After reading a number of the different threads that involved similar mentions, the only real solution that I came across was one user who flashed a 9.2 emuNAND to sysNAND, and was able to essentially follow your steps listed above. But as it stands I don't have a backup of any emuNAND system version before 9.4.

If you are referencing some other means, then I'll attempt to go back and find it, but at this moment even the threads on the subject on other websites seem to be either vague, or non existent.

Thanks again for the help, doing the transfer between the sysNANDS is a smart move and will hopefully work for my case if this small kink is removed.

Criminal90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's possible to downgrade an rx 9.7 emunand to 9.0/9.5 and than use the browser to spoof to 9.7 for system transfer to a new 9.0 3DS?
On emunand I've already downgraded the browser and I can successful use ram hack via spider exploit.

Jmes1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I've been trying to spoof the firmware but I can't really tell what I am doing wrong here. My new 3DS XL is on firmware 9.0 out of the box and here is what I get in the NTR bugger whenever I try to spoof. If you're wondering if I enable debugger, yes I do enable it. have the debugger tool on my laptop and both the n3DSXL and laptop are connected to the same wireless router. Any help would shed some light :) Sorry for the noobiness, I'm new to the whole NTR scene, but I do know how to follow instructions, for the most part.

NTR debugger by cell9
> import sys;sys.path.append('.\python\Lib')
null
> for n in [n for n in dir(nc) if not n.startswith('_')]: globals()[n] = getattr(nc,n)
null
Commands available:
> repr([n for n in dir(nc) if not n.startswith('_')])
['attachprocess', 'bpadd', 'bpdis', 'bpena', 'connect', 'data', 'disconnect', 'listprocess', 'listthread', 'memlayout', 'queryhandle', 'reload', 'resume', 'sayhello', 'sendfile', 'write']
> connect('your3dsip', 8000)
No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
at ntrclient.NtrClient.connectToServer()
at ntrclient.ScriptHelper.connect(String host, Int32 port)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`3.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run5[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4)
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`5.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.InvokeTarget(Scope scope)
at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
at Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute(Scope scope, ErrorSink errorSink)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
at ntrclient.CmdWindow.runCmd(String cmd)
> write(0x10DD28, (0x00, 0x20, 0x08, 0x60, 0x70, 0x47), pid=0x25)
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ntrclient.NtrClient.sendPacket(UInt32 type, UInt32 cmd, UInt32[] args, UInt32 dataLen)
at ntrclient.NtrClient.sendWriteMemPacket(UInt32 addr, UInt32 pid, Byte[] buf)
at ntrclient.ScriptHelper.write(UInt32 addr, Byte[] buf, Int32 pid)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`4.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run6[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5)
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute5[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`6.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.InvokeTarget(Scope scope)
at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
at Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute(Scope scope, ErrorSink errorSink)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
at ntrclient.CmdWindow.runCmd(String cmd)

V3NUS_M1NER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using an older 3ds? if so just update your Emunand to gain access to the eShop
I can;t access the Gateway menu to create an EMUNAND partion. The launcher doesn't fully load

I think something broke (it might be my SD card(s). If so, might be a few days until I get a new one)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can;t access the Gateway menu to create an EMUNAND partion. The launcher doesn't fully load

I think something broke (it might be my SD card(s). If so, might be a few days until I get a new one)

format the sd card using this (of course after making a backup on your pc) and put the latest gateway launcher 3.2.1 onto the root of your sd card
and run it from your browser without the gateway card inserted and click format Emunand partition.

V3NUS_M1NER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
format the sd card using this (of course after making a backup on your pc) and put the latest gateway launcher 3.2.1
and run it from your browser without the gateway card inserted and click format Emunand partition.

I'm running Linux :(

And ignore my previous comment. Somehow I have an EMUNAND partion on the SD. I know because RXTools says so, and things are arranged differently than on SysNAND. Wierd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys why the hell is my internet connection so shit rn?