Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a 9.9 New 3DS that I use, and a unused 9.0 New 3DS, can I use this to transfer my 9.9 system to the 9.0 one by spoofing a higer firmware on it, or does the original firmware version need to be compatible?, which it isnt according to the list.

and if so, would it be transferred to the sysnand, or emunand? i'm a sky user so this still confuses me.

You can't do a system transfer between those two systems at this time. 9.6+ emunand isn't available for New 3DS, and 9.9 can only transfer to 9.6+.

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can't do a system transfer between those two systems at this time. 9.6+ emunand isn't available for New 3DS, and 9.9 can only transfer to 9.6+.
Thank you for the answer, I kinda want to use this 9.0 3DS, just because the other has a terribly loose hinge, both opening and sideways motion, but I have so much E-shop and account bound stuff I don't want to lose. But it would be a wase to just update to 9.9 Both are MM limited edition, and I want to sell one of them, guess I'll wait a bit longer. The 3DS scene has really been picking up the pace.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all, the OP says that this might not work on 8.1J units, has there since been a confirmation either way?

I'm sure there's some 8.1J users who'd like to be able to download the youtube app to use tubehax.

Reactions: OctopusRift

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
For me, it works on o3DS 9.2.
Legit cia are regognized as original (I can re-download them from eShop).
I can't update Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and SSB (error 007-2999) - maybe because I before installed the update using Gateway in sysNAND? But I've already deleted this update. Now, I'll try to format my SD and retry...
Edit: Also, I can't download new themes and I can't update my Mii Plaza to the last version (both required something new that I can't install)

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, the OP says that this might not work on 8.1J units, has there since been a confirmation either way?

I'm sure there's some 8.1J users who'd like to be able to download the youtube app to use tubehax.

8.1.0-0J user here. definitely doesn't work with mine too.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the NTR CFW code on the first post, it doesn't look like it would be too hard to make into a plugin but I can't quite figure out how you would type in the (0x00, 0x20, 0x08, 0x60, 0x70, 0x47) in the plugin's format with just a single 0xXXXXX. I could try to plug the number into a hex converter if I knew what number it was supposed to mean (like how 999999 XP would be (0x7f,0x96,0x98,0x00) when you type it in the debugger or 0x0f423f in a plugin).

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Guys, I need some help. I'm on rxtools cfw on 9.2 sysnand and 10.1 emunand. I want to redownload my eshop titles. Do I need to use this method or freemultipatcher or can I access the eshop without any extra hassle. I'm asking this because I'm getting a a lot of issues when accessing eshop. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does'nt. Sometimes I need to launch freemultipatcher and apply the patches again and then it works for some time. So please help: do I need to apply patches to access eshop or not. Thanks.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this work with current Version? Running 9.5 EmuNAND. So wounder, if this still work since the Spoofer CIAs not work anymore =(

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends of what you have.
If you have a gateway, you need the latest nver + the latest tiger (eshop) + fmp
If you use rxtools, you need the latest nver + hans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online