Hacking How to tell what your system menu is???

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infectus is a hardware NAND (flash memory) dumper.

Well... I think if he had SSBB he could hack his wii that way since the SD code is in the game itself (and not the system menu).
Then assuming homebrew doesn't rely on system menu SD access you could dump it to SD.

Edit: but SSBB would try to update... damn

If he had a modchip he could remove the update though...

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lexip; said:
Infectus is a hardware NAND dumper.

Well... I think if he had SSBB he could hack his wii that way since the SD code is in the game itself (and not the system menu).
Then assuming homebrew doesn't rely on system menu SD access you could dump it to SD.

Edit: but SSBB would try to update... damn

If he had a modchip he could remove the update though...
SSBB will update his Wii, unless System Menu 1.0 has SaveMiiFrii. Oh yeah, I really really want System Menu 1.0 too, I started a topic about it a few days ago.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UnFallen, you become instantaneously famous since you have a 1.0 Wii. I suggest you give them what they want (as soon as they figure out how to do that). Once the community has benefited (you will become world renowned), update to 4.2U and stay there. You see you're probably wondering why a 1.0 Wii is so rare. Well in the hacking world we have a program called NUSD which can give us any IOS (Wii System File used to execute games/peripherals/features), Channel, or System Menu except 1.0 in a form which we can manipulate to our will. The database lacks the 1.0 System Menu. Since you have your hands on it, you would complete this hole.

Actually after thinking this through, Its impossible to get without a modchip. Since the user has no reported modchip, there's no way we could install homebrew and dump the SM.

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UnFallen said:
Whats so good about it? ive never played wii so i dont know whats new in the new update
It's just very very few people have it and you have the power to fill the hole in the database. You would be legendary if you could release System Menu 1.0

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
D'oh.

So... System Menu 1.0 does not have Sd support...
damn.

If you had a modchip, then you could make a custom disc to dump the System Menu?

Do you know of anyone else who has a Wii with a modchip in it?

...IDEA!

Maybe...

Mail your Wii to DeadlyFoez!
GBATemp user DeadlyFoez has ALL the equipment and knowhow to dump your Wii's memory and get the System Menu off of it!

If you do want to post it to DeadlyFoez, maybe some of us GBATempers could pay for the postage via PayPal!

...ANOTHER IDEA!

I want to buy your Wii!
How much?
$80 USD (+postage)?
$100 USD (+postage)?

@fudgenuts64:
There is one other SM that is not on NUS: SM 3.3K.
/me haz it.
Do you have it?
The only Retail Wii System Menu I do not have is System Menu 1.0! (and the prelaunch menu if you consider it a retail one)

UnFallen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? youll buy it?
ohmy.gif
i dont have much need for it because i mostly play psp and xbox and i dont really need it. how do i sell it to you?

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damysteryman said:
D'oh.

So... System Menu 1.0 does not have Sd support...
damn.

If you had a modchip, then you could make a custom disc to dump the System Menu?

Do you know of anyone else who has a Wii with a modchip in it?

...IDEA!

Maybe...

Mail your Wii to DeadlyFoez!
GBATemp user DeadlyFoez has ALL the equipment and knowhow to dump your Wii's memory and get the System Menu off of it!

If you do want to post it to DeadlyFoez, maybe some of us GBATempers could pay for the postage via PayPal!

...ANOTHER IDEA!

I want to buy your Wii!
How much?
$80 USD (+postage)?
$100 USD (+postage)?

@fudgenuts64:
There is one other SM that is not on NUS: SM 3.3K.
/me haz it.
Do you have it?
The only Retail Wii System Menu I do not have is System Menu 1.0! (and the prelaunch menu if you consider it a retail one)
I do not have it. I had no idea that 3.3K wasn't released on NUS.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is really epic. This uber-noob question topic has turned into something way better. The only problem is that the person with the launch Wii doesn't understand much to do with Wii hacking; no offence UnFallen - it's not like everyone is a complete nerd (not that a nerd is a bad thing, because I'm one myself).

ANYWAY.... If anyone can find out how to get ahold of SystemMenu 1.0, that'd be awesome. The thing is, the Wii is "so special" because it is possibly the most hackable console. Quite possibly more customisable/hackable than the PSP (but that's debatable, and I'm sure SOMEONE will flame me for that. Please just let it go). With SystemMenu 1.0, even though only a hard-mod like a modchip would work, it may still be even more hackable than any other system menu to date, and it could even give some of the hackers a better understanding of the Wii's insides if it is a lot simpler, being the first version. Of course, that's all speculation, but just having the first system menu available as an IOS would be AWESOME.

I think mailing it to someone, like the aforementioned DeadlyFoez, whom has the ability to dump it, would be a good idea.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually if you install a modchip in it then you could be able to just install HBC via HBC installer disc from the HBC betas. (I'm pretty sure it makes use of the trucha bug)

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnFallen said:
i have no camera right now
frown.gif
i threw my backpack on a table at school and it cracked the screen
frown.gif

by the way? whats a launch wii?

and riicky that might be it but how can i be sure?
UnFallen said:
ohhhhh. i bought the wii the day it came out and then i lost it in my garage when i was re organizing things
frown.gif
so does this mean my wii is unhackable?
frown.gif

UnFallen said:
how do copy with an sd card? and i do have a LoZTP disk. i bought it along time ago but had no wii to play it on
frown.gif
QUOTE(UnFallen @ Aug 7 2010, 09:58 PM)
Whats so good about it? ive never played wii so i dont know whats new in the new update
Am I the only one around here who thinks this sounds fishy?

A kid (whom, if his profile is correct, would have been 11 years old when the Wii was launched) got somebody to purchase him a Wii on launch day and then doesn't run home and open it up and play it right away but instead somehow manages to lose it in his garage when he was 're-organizing' things (does he live in his garage?) before EVER getting to use it? But purchases 'LoZTP' anyways even having no Wii to play it on (yes, I suppose he could have gotten someone to purchase it the same day he got the Wii, but why not just say that if so)? And somehow, despite still breathing after losing something costing somebody $250 in his garage, doesn't have access to a digital camera anywhere in the house (or garage)? And wouldn't a digital camera still take a picture with a 'cracked screen' anyways? And finally, after having never played a Wii, and not knowing anything about it, when he finally does uncover it in his garage, he STILL doesn't go run and play it but comes here instead asking about hacking it, and not too shortly after a thread about a mock System Menu 1.0 is posted.
unsure.gif

UnFallen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
UnFallen said:
i have no camera right now
frown.gif
i threw my backpack on a table at school and it cracked the screen
frown.gif

by the way? whats a launch wii?

and riicky that might be it but how can i be sure?
UnFallen said:
ohhhhh. i bought the wii the day it came out and then i lost it in my garage when i was re organizing things
frown.gif
so does this mean my wii is unhackable?
frown.gif

UnFallen said:
how do copy with an sd card? and i do have a LoZTP disk. i bought it along time ago but had no wii to play it on
frown.gif
QUOTE(UnFallen @ Aug 7 2010, 09:58 PM)
Am I the only one around here who thinks this sounds fishy?

A kid (whom, if his profile is correct, would have been 11 years old when the Wii was launched) got somebody to purchase him a Wii on launch day and then doesn't run home and open it up and play it right away but instead somehow manages to lose it in his garage when he was 're-organizing' things (does he live in his garage?) before EVER getting to use it? But purchases 'LoZPT' anyways even having no Wii to play it on (yes, I suppose he could have gotten someone to purchase it the same day he got the Wii, but why not just say that if so)? And somehow, despite still breathing after losing something costing somebody $250 in his garage, doesn't have access to a digital camera anywhere in the house (or garage)? And wouldn't a digital camera still take a picture with a 'cracked screen' anyways?
unsure.gif
if you want to make fun of me then il go to some other site to find out how to hack my wii
my camera is in fact broken. the screen is cracked and i dont just mean cracked. i mean that the liqud stuff inside it made it horrible. the screen was all black and white when you try to turn it on and and taking pictures didnt work and i tested. i took a picture put the sd card in the computer. no new pictures. as of the wii (it was alot time ago and im guessing what happened to it because i lost it, not through it on the roof) im guessing that when i put it on one of the metal shevels in my garage (where one of our tvs are) it fell back in to your camping gear (where i found it
frown.gif
) that or my brother put it there becuase he was extrememly angry at me that day
frown.gif
i was soooooooo fucking sad that it was gone becuase my mom was the one who brought it home for me. as for the zelda game my grandma and grandpa bought it for me and i guess no one told them that it got lost becuase they bought me that game and it jsut made me sadder
frown.gif

but now i found it and i read that you can play dvds with wii isos or something on them and i want to do that. if no one wants to help me then il google some more

UnFallen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yea. and the only reason i found it is becuase we were going through our camping gear to sell it becuase we never go camping anymore

UnFallen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
System Menu 1.0 has been dumped! No joke, I have it.
wait if you have it then can i just hack mine please. all i asked is where to find the system thingy and now i know that it is ok to use the sticky

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neotank19 said:
Sounds like a load of BS to me too.
Of course it is...simply look at some of his old posts.
smile.gif

UnFallen said:
which back up loader?
QUOTE(UnFallen @ Jul 21 2009, 08:03 PM)
I have a unmodded unscrubbed backups of WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Little King's Story. They're both PAL games and I have a unmodded NTSC-U 4.0 Wii. I've all ready got all the cIOS's and stuff set up so that's not the problem. I try to play one of them with Neogamma(without configuring anything) and it loads in black and white and flashs and moves really weird(I'm guessing that they loaded in PAL video mode
wacko.gif
). I've tryed changing the settings but I'm not exactly sure what I'm suppose to change. I already setup the the Wii for region free games with Preloader v0.2.9 so what now???

P.S. When I play a PAL game on a Multiboot disk it worked perfect with out having to change any settings.
wacko.gif

Please help and thanks in advance!!!
biggrin.gif
Etc...

Tom191

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do like others have suggested. Send it to DeadlyFoez and let him dump it. I'm almost willing to bet that he would do it and pay for shipping. Having a true official dump from a wii that has barely had any games played on it and no homebrew is a great thing. Really, thats what you should do. I'm sure you want to play it, but do the community a small favor.

UnFallen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tom191 said:
Do like others have suggested. Send it to DeadlyFoez and let him dump it. I'm almost willing to bet that he would do it and pay for shipping. Having a true official dump from a wii that has barely had any games played on it and no homebrew is a great thing. Really, thats what you should do. I'm sure you want to play it, but do the community a small favor.
you obviously dont read through the thread... or the post above you. good bye
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong