Homebrew how to update b9s (boot9strap)??

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
The guide has https:/3ds.guide/updating-bs9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i have the page open right before you said that.... it looks exactly like the same guide from updating from a9lh... all I want to do is update from boot9strap 1.0 to boot9strap 1.2

contingences

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I did it yesterday without any problems. Make sure you follow all the steps and you transfer every files at their right place...

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
that is weird... I followed the steps exactly on point but when I hold start, it goes to the homescreen instead of the luma chainloader or the b9sinstaller

Have you even been able to get into the chain loader at least once?
I updated a9lh to b9s and it let me into the chain loader the first time to update to b9s, but after that I was unable to get back into the chain loader. To do the rest of the guide I had to first move the boot.firm into the ctr-nand using fbi, after which I was able to load godmode9 holding start at boot.
Not sure if there'd be an issue copying the luma folder and what have you via fbi instead of in godmode9.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you even been able to get into the chain loader at least once?
I updated a9lh to b9s and it let me into the chain loader the first time to update to b9s, but after that I was unable to get back into the chain loader. To do the rest of the guide I had to first move the boot.firm into the ctr-nand using fbi, after which I was able to load godmode9 holding start at boot.
Not sure if there'd be an issue copying the luma folder and what have you via fbi instead of in godmode9.
yes I have been able to get in before when updating from a9lh...

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
yes I have been able to get in before when updating from a9lh...
Which version of luma do you currently have the boot.firm for? Others have said they've had to put the one for 7.1 to get the chain loader to load when trying to update to 1.2 b9s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @TimeMaster, what happenned?