Emulation How to use an 8Bitdo controller with your IOS device (GBA4ios) - FINALLY WORKING

Ganglebot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I just got my regular SN30 bluetooth controller from 8bitdo working on my iPhone. Its been working great.

I don't know how many of you are using GBA4IOS but if you are, and have a non-MFI controller (Apple's BS proprietary wireless protocol) you can now use that control with your IOS device. Fuck yeah!

1. Make sure you are using IOS 13. As far as I can tell, this fixes whatever issue there was.

2. Start your controller in Bluetooth Keyboard mode (Start + B for me). Check your controller manual for bluetooth keyboard mode.

3. On your IOS device, go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Switch Control -> Switches -> Bluetooth devices

4. On the controller, hold select until the light starts rapidly flashing

5. On your IOS device, the controller should show up as "wireless controller" or "8bitdo something" - connect to it

6. It should pair, and will not be added under your regular bluetooth devices in your regular bluetooth menu (you don't have to do this every time)

Its awesome! Now you can play games like Metal Slug with proper responsive controls and not the crappy touch screen. It works with app store games too.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers guys!

kasatka7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I just got my regular SN30 bluetooth controller from 8bitdo working on my iPhone. Its been working great.

I don't know how many of you are using GBA4IOS but if you are, and have a non-MFI controller (Apple's BS proprietary wireless protocol) you can now use that control with your IOS device. Fuck yeah!

1. Make sure you are using IOS 13. As far as I can tell, this fixes whatever issue there was.

2. Start your controller in Bluetooth Keyboard mode (Start + B for me). Check your controller manual for bluetooth keyboard mode.

3. On your IOS device, go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Switch Control -> Switches -> Bluetooth devices

4. On the controller, hold select until the light starts rapidly flashing

5. On your IOS device, the controller should show up as "wireless controller" or "8bitdo something" - connect to it

6. It should pair, and will not be added under your regular bluetooth devices in your regular bluetooth menu (you don't have to do this every time)

Its awesome! Now you can play games like Metal Slug with proper responsive controls and not the crappy touch screen. It works with app store games too.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers guys!
Any chance this is still working? I've tried & while iOS will add the remote to my list of Switch Control Bluetooth devices, I don't seem to have access to it in games (using Delta) or anything else really. Any other steps or something stupid I'm missing? Cheers!

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any chance this is still working? I've tried & while iOS will add the remote to my list of Switch Control Bluetooth devices, I don't seem to have access to it in games (using Delta) or anything else really. Any other steps or something stupid I'm missing? Cheers!

Did you go to the input settings in Delta and switch from touch screen to the controller?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU