Homebrew How to use Soundhax

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you use soundhax to launch the homebrew menu, and then FBI uses waithax on its side, unrelated to how you got to that point
will the guy is using FBI so does that mean that people can install legit cia files or other types of homebrew/cia files

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
will the guy is using FBI so does that mean that people can install legit cia files or other types of homebrew/cia files
Yes, you can use soundhax to launch FBI and install legit cias on 11.1 or below (IIRC, waithax was fixed on 11.2)

shadowfocus603

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soundhax works for me. N3DS on 11.2 with a9lh. It's nice to have. Maybe I can try to sell my copy of Cubic Ninja now. Although I have a feeling it has just drastically lost value lol.

azramy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
worked for me on N3DS 11.2
i guess i will wait until i can play my AS backup then, amazing work.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the Kernel11 exploits out right now were fixed in 11.2, so no legit CIAs on 11.2. Only 11.1 and below right now.
ok something to ask you then will fasthax be able to do any of that or not or is it more or less the same as soundhax..... if nothing will work then i will set on 11.2 tell some one comes out with something new that will let me do so.

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok something to ask you then will fasthax be able to do any of that or not or is it more or less the same as soundhax..... if nothing will work then i will set on 11.2 tell some one comes out with something new that will let me do so.
fasthax will replace waithax/slowhax as the best k11 exploit, and should work on 11.2 but not sure if it'll work on o3ds

Reactions: NoNAND

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fasthax will replace waithax/slowhax as the best k11 exploit, and should work on 11.2 but not sure if it'll work on o3ds
sorry i keep asking this so... if it replaces waithax then that means i can install legitcia files if i would like to then?

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOUNDHAX IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH USA FOR NOW, EUR AND JPN SOON!

IT DOES NOT WORK ON o3DS's!

H5dL6a2.png

Downloads

Go here and get the Homebrew Starter Kit. (Extract it to the root of your SD card).
Go here and get your OTHERAPP payload (Make sure its for your current Version and Region). Rename the .bin to "otherapp.bin".
Go here and get the exploitable .m4a sound file. (USA .m4a only, once EUR and JPN is available ill update the thread)

Installation

Put the OTHERAPP payload and .m4a on the root of your SD card. Make sure you also extracted the Starter Kit to the root of your SD card aswell.

Usage

Boot up Nintendo 3DS Sound, Wait a bit for it all to load the SD card, Open "/SDCARD", Open the "<3 Nedwill 2016", And enjoy.
(If it crashes, confirm the OTHERAPP payload is for your system version and region. Keep repeating the usage step until it works, It will take a few tries).

Done!
It's that easy! 2 files and load the m4a. Easy!

Credit: Nedwill (Soundhax), Smea (OTHERAPP payloads).
Github Repo
Ok, pls read this, it sorta explain why AT THE MOMENT soundhax doesn't work on o3ds, a special version for o3ds must be made due to the difference in the otherapp bin between the 2. Soo... more then likely it will work on old 3ds/2ds soon tm. Pleas add this to the original post to stop all these people from asking if itll work o3ds already, just wait like i am :/
https://github.com/nedwill/soundhax/issues/13
Edit: would help if i included the link XD

Last edited by jt_1258, , Reason: forgot something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1