Hacking Question How were others Scenes starts compared to this one?

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I was part of the 3DS Scene back in 2016 and by that time it was almost at its peak. Lots of homebrews, some easy methods (for most firmwares) to hack, no more EmuNAND, coldboot, etc. I realise that it was so good because the 3DS was out for a long time.

Now i found the Switch Scene so crazy. Everyday we get new stuff and CFW is within weeks, all that with only one year out. I think we are lucky with this one.

What you guys think?

Last edited by alexj9626,
Reactions: CatmanFan and Taffy

Can

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think that the torrent of awesomeness was sudden and amazing.

There were a few hiccups at some points but everything is smoothing out.

Can't help but feel something may snap soon. But that's just me.

That aside, it's been great.

You're not the only one buddy, it just seems to be going too smoothly.

Reactions: Taffy

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think because Nintendo got their own team of paid hackers now to try and make their system exploit-proof, other hackers decided to find the exploits as well for the sake of homebrew and commercial backups.
Either that or we got lucky.

Repl01d_rocsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i think it went really fast for the switch to be crack open. Consoles like wiiu, ps4 or 3ds took longer for their security to be broken. I remember buying a splatoon wiiu bundle to hack the system in the future (oddly enough, i enjoy tweaking with systems the same as playing videogames with them). When i bought there were some teasers from devs saying "exploit soon". Well, that "soon" took a year and a half. So yeah, the switch scene grows amazingly fast

Reactions: alexj9626

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far the general "feel" of things is better than the 3ds one. Though from where I sit most things were.
Similarly "Lots of homebrews" "3ds"... it was but a blip compared to the xbox, psp, wii, GBA and DS. The only way I can see the 3ds being called good is if it was your first, or you had before only fumbled with a really obscure device. A point which sums that up more than anything for me is injection is a viable method of emulation of lower power systems/16 bit and older systems for the 3ds where nobody would have done that for those others mentioned.

Right now I am waiting for the excitement to fade. As I have said in many similar threads you have to remember all those devices listed above, give or take the wii but even then it was in a decent position, were best in class or something genuinely useful. The Switch is a fairly powerful tablet in a world where that is nothing special -- for the xbox, GBA, DS and PSP it was a powerful PC like device that can plug into my TV and has a nice controller, a powerful handheld device beyond almost everything else on the market, a potent device with useful input and network, and a very powerful device that can take some higher level coding.
I am not seeing the devs clamouring like they were with the DS and taking tentative first steps. Indeed if the security system had not been so thoroughly spanked then I doubt we would be seeing even what we are.

Reactions: alexj9626

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I think that the torrent of awesomeness was sudden and amazing.

There were a few hiccups at some points but everything is smoothing out.

Can't help but feel something may snap soon. But that's just me.

That aside, it's been great.

Thats what amaze me the most. It was so sudden. After FG release everything has been crazy!

i think it went really fast for the switch to be crack open. Consoles like wiiu, ps4 or 3ds took longer for their security to be broken. I remember buying a splatoon wiiu bundle to hack the system in the future (oddly enough, i enjoy tweaking with systems the same as playing videogames with them). When i bought there were some teasers from devs saying "exploit soon". Well, that "soon" took a year and a half. So yeah, the switch scene grows amazingly fast

Like i said i was part of the 3DS scene by the "end" of it and this last year i have hacked my old Wii and my friends Wii Us and everything is so easy, but i wasnt part of the start of those Scenes and all the struggles that comes with it.

Now been part of this and checking all the news, it really is growing fast.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very much like the ps3 scene..Someone released DRM laced dongle...get's cracked and everything was free after a while. This will be the same way.

D

Deleted-351540

Indeed if the security system had not been so thoroughly spanked then I doubt we would be seeing even what we are.
I agree. The Xbox One has been out for years and an ODDE doesn't even exist. Not a modchip or even a Homebrew exploit.

I attribute this to the damn good security Microsoft put in place as well as their choice to include "developer mode". I praise Microsoft for allowing that. Always have and always will. I really do believe that was a huge reason the XB1 hasn't been busted wide open. No point when you can just boot into developer mode and run emulators that way. It was/is a great choice on Microsoft's part.

"Give them the option and they'll leave it alone". And it worked.

Reactions: Maximilious

Aldoria

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree. The Xbox One has been out for years and an ODDE doesn't even exist. Not a modchip or even a Homebrew exploit.

I attribute this to the damn good security Microsoft put in place as well as their choice to include "developer mode". I praise Microsoft for allowing that. Always have and always will. I really do believe that was a huge reason the XB1 hasn't been busted wide open. No point when you can just boot into developer mode and run emulators that way. It was/is a great choice on Microsoft's part.

"Give them the option and they'll leave it alone". And it worked.
Microsoft is not always stupid

Reactions: Deleted-351540
D

Deleted-351540

Microsoft is not always stupid
I never claimed they were. The free upgrade to Windows 10 was another fantastic idea they had. As a long time Mac user, the free upgrade to Windows 10 was a turning point for me to try Windows again. (Previously I hadn't used Windows since Windows ME and the most recent version was Windows 8 a few times.)

I guess you can see why I preferred Macs lol.

Reactions: Aldoria

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*claps hands together*
Well, sit down, fellow, and let me tell you a story. I'd like to call it "the nightmare that is the PS4 scene". :creep:

Reactions: Unknown77

Aldoria

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never claimed they were. The free upgrade to Windows 10 was another fantastic idea they had. As a long time Mac user, the free upgrade to Windows 10 was a turning point for me to try Windows again. (Previously I hadn't used Windows since Windows ME and the most recent version was Windows 8 a few times.)

I guess you can see why I preferred Macs lol.
I know that's just what I think, because they often do stupid things

ch0p5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the original Xbox scene the most! But that was the first thing I ever modded. My dad used to chip PlayStations back in the day, so I had every single game.. I remember when I first see gran turismo, a jap import at my grandads house and telling all my friends “you won’t belive this game I’ve got! It’s got Subaru’s and skylines ahah, good old days ! In fact I started modding when I was about 10 and I cut the corners out of my cartridge slot on my mega drive so I could play imports that I got for £3 each at the game shop near me

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw the Wii scene explode slowly over time when it was very long ago, like a delayed reaction almost. I wasn't in the community as such, but people were very excited once the exploits in SSBB and others were found. It was very exciting.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
For reference GW 3DS releases Aug 2013 more than 2 yrs of 3DS release, and it was very limited with one rom, and it was too slow fmore a year later for hackers to caught up, Vita well people still depend on PSP part for emulators .... Switch is more 360/DC fast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.