Humble bundle 2+1 giveaway by me. I need ideas please.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently won the humble bundle 2+1 and want to regive it away on here i just need some ideas for a contest or maybe i could accept $1 donations from people who want to enter. I won this bundle over at netbooknetwork.net.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Gamer4life said:
I have recently won the humble bundle 2+1 and want to regive it away on here i just need some ideas for a contest or maybe i could accept $1 donations from people who want to enter. I won this bundle over at netbooknetwork.net.

Let me get this straight... You want, maybe as you put it, $1 as donations so people could enter this raffle? You want $1 from everyone who wants to "win" this bundle you received for free? You want to $1 from people to make a "giveaway"?

Btw, usually giveaways are for free, and stuff... And since you "got" this for free, and you will still have your copy, why did you even mentione the $1 donation?

Everyone could pay, if they wanted, $1 for the Humble Bundle when is was "on". And even those who paid for it pirated the bundle...

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i cant make a profit like every other person in the world and i still need ideas for a contest if you guys don't like the $1 donation idea. something like a writing contest or something else

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gamer4life said:
what i cant make a profit like every other person in the world and i still need ideas for a contest if you guys don't like the $1 donation idea. something like a writing contest or something else

So you want to make profit off a game that was "sold" for charity? Sounds like a dick move to me.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
monkat said:
TrolleyDave said:
If you're going to be charging for your giveaway then it needs to go in the Trading Forum.

Isn't selling digital goods against the rules?

Very good point! Forgot all about that. So basically OP, if you're going to be charging money for this as a "raffle" idea then it'll have to be done outside of the 'temp.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not selling i used the word donate you would donate me a dollar to gain an entry into the giveaway i don't see anything wrong with that. But since you guys don't like that then we will do a contest now come on give me some ideas people.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamer4life said:
i am not selling i used the word donate you would donate me a dollar to gain an entry into the giveaway i don't see anything wrong with that. But since you guys don't like that then we will do a contest now come on give me some ideas people.

Drawing contest? Donations are voluntary. If you "charge" donations for entry into a raffle it's against the rules. Like what TD said.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Art contest
Writing contest
Music Contest maybe

but youd need to give us a theme, and also which games you picked if you already redeemed it.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gamer4life said:

You can use the word "donation", but if you're being forced to pay, it sure isn't a donation.

Also, try making the "worst pun" contest. See who can make you facepalm the most!

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Art contest
Writing contest
Music Contest maybe

but youd need to give us a theme, and also which games you picked if you already redeemed it.
It has not been redeemed yet you will receive a link that you go to and enter your email address and some other info and then you receive your very own full game link that only you will know

MasterPenguin said:
QUOTE(Gamer4life @ Feb 9 2011, 03:21 PM) i am not selling i used the word donate you would donate me a dollar to gain an entry into the giveaway i don't see anything wrong with that. But since you guys don't like that then we will do a contest now come on give me some ideas people.

You can use the word "donation", but if you're being forced to pay, it sure isn't a donation.

Also, try making the "worst pun" contest. See who can make you facepalm the most!
I am liking these ideas keep them coming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land