Hurricane Harvey Causes Massive Floods in Houston

The latest hurricane in the south, Hurricane Harvey, has caused substantial flooding in Houston, Texas, with three currently dead and thousands who've lost there homes. So far, over 50 inches of rain has been reported, with more rain fall expected in the area.

Our own beloved reporter, @Chary, was unfortunately caught up in this disaster. We have heard from her, and she is physically fine, but she has unfortunately lost her house and possessions. We will have more information on this as we hear it.

All our thoughts and prayers of the Temp staff are with Chary and those other people caught in the disaster.

:arrow: Source

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My heart goes out to you, Chary, and your city. I'm sorry Harvey did this to you. I now hate the name Harvey, and don't want to hear Texas complain about another drought ever again.

Reactions: Chary
D

Deleted User

I have absolutely no words...
The thought of that hurricane causing mass devastation hit me hard, but reading Chary's post and knowing she was caught up in it as well hits me even harder! :(

I wish the best for all affected and pray that their lives are rebuilt as soon as possible!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current weather forecasts are not good, at least another 20-25" of rain fall
Harvey will move offshore and strengthen, they even say it may become a hurricane again, and go back directly right over houston
Then will move out of the area by thursday friday

They also had to open water reservoirs which will cause even more flooding in certain areas.

Last edited by Joe88,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you even say to something like this? "Fuck" doesn't really begin to cover it. This isn't even the first time either something like this happened either, right? I remember you talking about shit like this before. Although, definitely the first time it hit this hard. At least you're still alive and well, so you can one day look back on this, and the best of luck dealing with whatever happens next.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I was totally unprepared for the storm, honestly. The news and neighbors and every resident was pretty chill about the whole thing. No one said flooding of this level would happen until it actually started happening.

I think I even made a joking comment on here about the hurricane not being such a big deal, after the first wave brought hardly any rain to my town. That sure came back to bite me. Eesh.

It's still raining, and from the shelter I'm at, I can actually still see my house. Which is, depressingly, still pretty full of water. And it's still raining heavily. Heck, the rain isn't supposed to stop until the end of the week! It's insane honestly. I don't even think I'll be able to wade through to check my house tomorrow, cuz the water in the street is about as tall as I am.

My mom is talking to a co worker, about potentially staying with them, or renting out one of their properties from a friend, though at what monthly rate, I do not know. It's mostly just speculation at this point. I at least have a place to go and sleep on a real bed, God bless hotels, for a day or two.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Glad I live in "sunny" Europe I guess?

I've heard something about it from me boyfriend but as I don't watch or read news I just shrugged it off.
Guess I'm wrong.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
i hope you will recover your snes @Chary , and most of your game collection
those are surely the most valuable (money and sentimentally) for a gamer
Yeah. Even more hopefully, maybe some are high enough, (though the water was reaching the shelves as I left) or some good old fashioned rice will help. The loss of all those games hurts, but I think my parents are devastated too. They lost a lot of personal stuff, that really can't ever be replaced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.