Hwfly Oled help. I turned auto-boot from off to on in hekate, to start in EmuMMC. Now black screen

ArkaTekK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm a noob, I have an Oled Switch HwFly v2. I was in hekate menu, and I clicked options, then I turned auto-boot from off to on, and set to auto-boot to EmuMMC and restarted the switch, now it's black screen. how can I fix. The Led, stays green and also red.

Last edited by ArkaTekK,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm a noob, I have an Oled Switch HwFly v2. I was in hekate menu, and I clicked options, then I turned auto-boot from off to on, and set to auto-boot to EmuMMC and restarted the switch, now it's black screen. how can I fix.

What happen if you hard boot the switch again, can you get into Hekate?

ArkaTekK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard boot the switch as in hold 15 seconds,
What happen if you hard boot the switch again, can you get into Hekate?

hard boot as in press and hold power button for 15 seconds, and then press again to restart? Nothing happens, it just stays black :O

ArkaTekK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replaced Atmosphere files, still no luck. & No I do not get anything on the screen if I boot it without an sd card :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your stock sysNAND boot?

[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

Try this

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate won’t even allow you to turn on autorcm on an OLED. Where did you get hekate from? Please word this better, so I can understand what happened.

Remove your sd card, reset your mod chip, and retrain.

Last edited by urherenow,

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hekate won’t even allow you to turn on autorcm on an OLED. Where did you get hekate from? Please word this better, so I can understand what happened.

He means auto boot, not auto RCM, they are different.

@ArkaTekK Try to power on while holding volume - to see if it can get into Hekate. Also could you please post your hekate_ipl.ini located in folder /bootloader

Last edited by whisky9,
Reactions: urherenow

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He means auto boot, not auto RCM, they are different.

@ArkaTekK Try to power on while holding volume - to see if it can get into Hekate. Also could you please post your hekate_ipl.ini located in folder /bootloader
Moot point. If OP sees nothing without an SD card, then the modchip is malfunctioning for one reason or another. It should show a message from hwfly-nx/spacecraft-nx that no sd card is detected.

ArkaTekK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your stock sysNAND boot?

[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

Try this
No not even my stock sysNAND boots. & Okay, i went to that and the settings were already set to that, still nothing :o

Okay so for some more information. Basically I purchased an OLED modded switch with HWFly v2. it was on fw 1.4.2 I followed sthetix guide on upgrading fw

In the video he says to delete the atmosphere, bootloader, and config folders. Then drag and replace all the files

I then updated hekate to 6.0.1 and updated the cfw sysNAND and also the cfw emuMMC to 1.5.0 following his steps. Both updated successfully, and the console was running good. And i can power on and off and everything. I messed up by changing the options to auto-boot on, what I needed to do was press left volume button and then power to do that instead of what I did. >.<

At this point Im not sure if this is my only option "Remove your sd card, reset your mod chip, and retrain."

I was looking over some backup files before I updated/deleted those three folders/replaced - atmosphere, bootloader, and config. And the ones I had before the update were definitely different :/. Also I was also looking at a msg from the guy and he said

"DO NOT USE ATMOSPHERE UPDATE PACKAGE FROM ONLINE SOURCES, OR AIO UPDATER APPS, THEY ARE NOT CONFIGURED FOR YOUR CHIPPED CONSOLE WITH DUAL BOOT, YOU WILL END UP SYSTEM NOT BOOTING , ONLINE BAN"

But i thought updating it manually would be fine, so thats why I did it.
I picked up this switch because i know its going to be a project, and I plan to learn, i just dunno if I've messed it up already? And where can I find out how to start from scratch if that is my only option

I'll post my hekate_ipl.ini in a little bit

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, hold power for >12 seconds to ensure it's shut off. Then hold BOTH Vol + AND - at the same time while powering on. If it does not boot stock, you've somehow knocked a solder joint loose. Or corrupted your boot0 and/or boot1.

Powering on with no SD card should show you a message. This takes everything to do with hekate, Atmosphere, and your entire SD card out of the problem. "auto boot" is nothing but an .ini setting, so the removed sd card also takes that out of the picture. The no sd message would appear before nyx even loads, as it's part of the hwfly-nx firmware.

I take it you don't know how to reset your chip, as it has nothing at all to do with your SD card.

1)Remove your SD card
2)Remove any game cart
3) Open the back of your switch
4) The 2 big pads directly to the left of the socket for the USB dongle... use a pair of metal tweezers or paperclip or something to short them together.
5) While you are shorting those 2 points, hit the power button.

This resets the chip. You can ensure it's off again by long press of the power button, then when you turn it on again, it should begin to train (and will take up to 15 minutes to complete). When it's done training, you should be able to pick up your switch and see a warning screen about no sd being detected.

If you get that far, you're done, and you're not bricked. Put it back together, put your SD card back in (leave the game cart out until a successful boot), and turn it back on. All of this with hekate and Atmosphere on the card, of course.

If you have no correct tools to remove the back cover (you need a tri-wing screwdriver as well as tiny cross-tip), then I've heard of another method but can't promise it works... If you have an RCM jig, put the jig in, hold vol + while powering on, and that might also reset the chip. It will take a forced power down (your screen will already be blank, so hold power longer than 12 seconds to be sure), and retraining while it powers on.

You 100% need an installer to check it, if resetting the hwfly does nothing. Good luck!

ArkaTekK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible I could have knocked a soldier joint loose like you said. Because if I corrupted my boot0 and/or boot1, then I imagine that would have got fixed when I tried my backup sd(I backed up my sd card after I was successful with update &it was working).

Maybe it was that, because i thought when the screen was black, that it was in rcm mode(because thats what PC said), not learning yet that oled can't do this, I attempted to inject a payload via, PC and android, and it failed.---i mention this because Idk if this caused something wrong with the modchip aswell

My modchip light pulses red and green 5 times upon power up,, and then they just stays lit(red and green)

I will focus on getting a tri-wing screwdriver as well as tiny cross-tip now to follow those steps to reset it. As I don't have an RCM jig, and don't think I can use my phone as one either :O
Post automatically merged:

I take it you don't know how to reset your chip, as it has nothing at all to do with your SD card.

1)Remove your SD card
2)Remove any game cart
4) The 2 big pads directly to the left of the socket for the USB dongle... use a pair of metal tweezers or paperclip or something to short them together.

This resets the chip. You can ensure it's off again by long press of the power button, then when you turn it on again, it should begin to train (and will take up to 15 minutes to complete). When it's done training, you should be able to pick up your switch and see a warning screen about no sd being detected.

If you get that far, you're done, and you're not bricked. Put it back together, put your SD card back in (leave the game cart out until a successful boot), and turn it back on. All of this with hekate and Atmosphere on the card, of course.

Is there a video I can watch on how to do this? I have tooken off the back and am now looking at the 2 big pads. By short, I am to put metal tweezers touching both the pads? And while it is touching each other, that is creating a short through the metal and so then I push power button? Just want to be sure :)!

1)Remove your SD card
2)Remove any game cart

Which 2 big pads, can you highlight which ones in the photo i posted?

Attachments

• 20230112_183117.jpg
    20230112_183117.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 115
Last edited by ArkaTekK,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible I could have knocked a soldier joint loose like you said. Because if I corrupted my boot0 and/or boot1, then I imagine that would have got fixed when I tried my backup sd(I backed up my sd card after I was successful with update &it was working).

Maybe it was that, because i thought when the screen was black, that it was in rcm mode(because thats what PC said), not learning yet that oled can't do this, I attempted to inject a payload via, PC and android, and it failed.---i mention this because Idk if this caused something wrong with the modchip aswell

My modchip light pulses red and green 5 times upon power up,, and then they just stays lit(red and green)

I will focus on getting a tri-wing screwdriver as well as tiny cross-tip now to follow those steps to reset it. As I don't have an RCM jig, and don't think I can use my phone as one either :O

Is there a video I can watch on how to do this? I have tooken off the back and am now looking at the 2 big pads. By short, I am to put metal tweezers touching both the pads? And while it is touching each other, that is creating a short through the metal and so then I push power button? Just want to be sure :)!

Which 2 big pads, can you highlight which ones in the photo i posted?
I’m on my phone, so no. Like I said, it’s the 2 big pads directly to the left of the USB dongle socket.
Wait, maybe I can…

And by the way, backing up your sd has nothing to do with boot0/boot1 either. Those are on your emmc. I mean, hekate does back them up on the sd, but that does nothing unless you flash them back to emmc. Hard to do if you can’t boot into nyx though…

Attachments

• 61EB2F1C-EFCA-4B2B-B388-694331C622F5.jpeg
    61EB2F1C-EFCA-4B2B-B388-694331C622F5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 132

ArkaTekK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on my phone, so no. Like I said, it’s the 2 big pads directly to the left of the USB dongle socket.
Wait, maybe I can…

And by the way, backing up your sd has nothing to do with boot0/boot1 either. Those are on your emmc. I mean, hekate does back them up on the sd, but that does nothing unless you flash them back to emmc. Hard to do if you can’t boot into nyx though…
Okay perfect, i know this might sound silly, but how do I press the power button because with the back off, the little piece of rubber and button is off. Can i just use metal tweezers to push it?.

Edit: nevermind got the button and rubber garment.

Okay so I pressed the power while shorting those 2 points. When i pressed, I pressed for 3 seconds. the led turned on and was blue. Im assuming this means the chip has reset. At this point I put a timer for 15 mins because I was unsure if it already was starting the training process.

I was unsure if the blue light = training? The console booted into stock fw :D!. So i then long pressed it (12 seconds) and then pressed power again. Now the light is yellow and im assuming its actually training now? I set timer for 15 mins

Last edited by ArkaTekK,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the blue light meant it was reset. I told you to then power off, and it would retrain when powering on again. The fact that stock worked, tells me that you overwrote boot0/1 and the chip had no Idea…

It may sound counter-intuitive, but you should enter sysnand CFW, when updating your firmware on sysnand (emmc). This prevents the update from overwriting the chip’s payload. You don’t need to worry about making your emmc dirty and getting banned, as long as you never install an nsp or play an online game with cheats.

Reactions: ArkaTekK

ArkaTekK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the blue light meant it was feset. I told you to then power off, and it would retrain when powering on again. The fact that stock worked, tells me that you overwrote boot0/1 and the chip had no Idea…
Got the "No SD" Message, and so I put back together the switch, and put in the sd card and now its good to go. Hekate loaded up, and everythings back to normal :D. Thanks for the help brother, your the best! :)) !! And thanks everyone for helping me out. As now I plan to just take more time to learn :)! Thankss!

Reactions: urherenow

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, my connection sucks in the building I’m in at the moment. Check the edit on my previous post for an explanation on what happened and how to prevent it in the future.

(TL;DR… only update firmware in CFW mode, not stock.)

Reactions: ArkaTekK

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Sorry, my connection sucks in the building I’m in at the moment. Check the edit on my previous post for an explanation on what happened and how to prevent it in the future.

(TL;DR… only update firmware in CFW mode, not stock.)
hey buddy, i got a question regarding updating cfw/ofw using hwfly chip (v4) so i did the following updated ofw, then went to update the cfw side emunand using daybreak and bam the chip misbehaves and doesn't want to boot hekate etc.

the above thing happened to me twice so far, on first time i sent it back to my modder, he mended to it, and some week ago the very same thing happened to me again, so i sent it back to him, now I'm so pissed and I'm like "i just won't update ofw" anymore, and also just skip on playing MarioKart lol

as that game is the only reason why i sometimes would boot into ofw , so when i booted into ofw last week, it had a new update, so i just updated to the latest (16.0.1) then played some MK normally, then i rebooted and all good, takes like a millisecond to go green and into hekate, i then boot emunand (emmc)

and there too all good, then i open daybreak to update my cfw side to 16.0.1 as well.

so i update, and then I'm like okay let's reboot, after i reboot the chip would go purple-red/ or purple-orange then red , or purple-orange-dead nothing.

and few times purple-lime'ish green?

it just wouldn't want to work normally again, now you seem to know lot about this , please tell me what not to do to not go through this bs again.

what can affect these chips, what stuff overwrites the dat0 stuff data01 and that jazz.

and could i have mended to that issue myself maybe (without having it sent to the modder again perhaps, using jig to reset/retrain chip and all that, I've never tried that before)

thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!