ROM Hack Question Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition SFX ripping??

mariofan12ify

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone help me with ripping the sound effects from this game?

I know the music is in the BGMProduct.g1l file and I think I know where the sound effects are stored, but I have no idea how to get them playable.

Any help?

Feudalism_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been trying to extract the bgmproduct.g1l file but dont know what to do because everything is in one file. and for sound effects you might be able to use vgstream to convert them to wav if its a bunch of g1l files but if its like the wii u version sound effects folder and the files are .gz then im not sure. i've been trying to mod this game for a while but havent been able to crack the gz files

norishman7769

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey figured it out.
I used QuickBMS
HxD (Hex editor)
and .bms files found on this vg-resource post. New members can't link, so google "Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts" and you'll find it :)

(How do you use this QuickBMS Script? When you run QuickBMS, it wants a .bms file. That pop up's where you open the files from vg-resource)
The files you want from vg are:

File Decompression / Decryption:
Hyrule Warriors - GZ Decompression

Archive Extraction:
Hyrule Warriors - Sound BIN Extractor*
Hyrule Warriors - Voice/EXCL BIN Extractor (Instructions in Notepad say "This is specifically to be used on the "EXCL" files in the voice folder")

*Important for Sound BIN Extractor only: After you use GZ Decompression to get the BIN file, you MUST open it, in HxD or Notepad, and delete Everything before the heading/text "SDsdSmpl" (Hint: it's after all the ........ nonsense)
It's down there....
upload_2021-7-21_22-46-55.png

Otherwise, if you don't delete all the stuff before SDsdSmpl, QuickBMS will say error and scan 0% of your file.

Cursed New Member hyperlink block >:0

Last edited by norishman7769,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think if I was making a list Modern Warfare 1 would be my second place spot, with stopping a...