Hacking I borked it (New 3DS, 2.1.0 sleep-mode semi-brick)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have no idea why you would even do that, as every serious guide will tell you in huge red letters that putting a N3DS 2.1 to sleep will cause a brick you can't fix.

You can
not
fix.

Stop trying anything, OP. It's gone.
You should probably actually read the thread before you make judgements and express them publicly. If he was bricked by N3DS sleep mode, he would only be able to boot to an error screen. You can see in his replies that he can get to the home menu.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should probably actually read the thread before you make judgements and express them publicly. If he was bricked by N3DS sleep mode, he would only be able to boot to an error screen. You can see in his replies that he can get to the home menu.
And why is it then that for generations of temp users it has been preached that closing the lid on N3DS 2.1 will inevitably brick the shit out of anything harder than my weiner?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why is it then that for generations of temp users it has been preached that closing the lid on N3DS 2.1 will inevitably brick the shit out of anything harder than my weiner?
Because "better safe than sorry".

What is the obsession with closing the lid while downgrading, anyway? Is there something compelling you to close the system in the middle of the hack process?

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It probably takes a few seconds. The OP thought he had bricked his console this way but he overreacted.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why people do this stuff in 2.1.0, you're literally only there to open the web browser and launch the arm9 exploit to dump the OTP and install A9LH... 20 seconds, tops.

That's like climbing to the summit of Mt. Everest, and then blowing your brains out ''by accident'' before you reach the top. :unsure:

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: fenderjaguar

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR

Dude closed his DS for a second on 2.1 and thought he bricked because it wouldn't boot without an SD card, when that's exactly how 2.1 works on a N3DS. He finished the guide and all is well. So basically, as long as your N3DS isn't stuck in sleep for who knows how long, it should be fine with a quick "close/open". Most of the time this brick happens it's people going, "Alright well I downgraded, time for bed!" And they put it in sleep for hours waking to a nice blackscreen.

Rule of thumb, when you start the guide FINISH it in the same sitting. That's how stuff get's messed up because you either forget what you've done, or do stupid stuff like ignore warnings.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why people do this stuff in 2.1.0, you're literally only there to open the web browser and launch the arm9 exploit to dump the OTP and install A9LH... 20 seconds, tops.

That's like climbing to the summit of Mt. Everest, and then blowing your brains out ''by accident'' before you reach the top. :unsure:
it took me 20 minutes because i couldn't put that url in correctly.
damn nerves

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, yeah, my hands were like jelly, I was super paranoid and nervous when installing to my newphews N3DS because of this. It's like this little evil voice in my head was saying "bahahaha, all that needs to happen is that lid closes, and you have a nice, toasty little brick on your hands, cackle!"

but it all went smoothly. I also didn't get any of the glitching people are mentioning

Last edited by fenderjaguar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.