PS1/2 I just saw the PS3 commercial

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At least there are PS3 commercials. I've yet to see a Wii commercial. Granted the PS3 commercial sucked, but still...

Yeah same hear, and I also noticed a lot of people haven't even heard about the wii. I recently mentioned buying a wii at launch to two of my friens, who both play games all the time in their freetime, and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Of course after I explained the new features of the wii they were both very intrested in trying it out themselfes.

For the ps3 however, I have seen a preorder commercial by one of the multimedia store chains, even though it doesn't reach europe before march 07.... Oh well I'm really hoping NOE will do a tour to promote the wii like they do in other regions... You know: Seeing is believing

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo made the same ad people would be all over it.

The baby was crying. It sees the PS3 and it stops crying. It made people pay attention and there's no point in showing games when they need people to run to the store to inquire about it. It's all a teaser has to do.

Did you guys see the second ad? It has a rubix cube. The cube is in the same room that the baby was in. The PS3 seems to solve the cube and then the cube explodes but not into flames or anything, it just hits the walls with color. I thought it was cool.

My worry is that Nintendo will show the same lame ads they always do. Vannilla, generic cornball ads that aren't even as daring as half the ads on tv. I still want a Wii next year but if Nintendo does any more crap ads it might wind up like GC did last time.

furyoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Cell advert would work for IBM, Intel, or AMD. But as a selling point for a game console, it's downright boring and not at all captivating. Sony still wants to pit it as a substitute to the PC. It will not win, at least not for a long time to come.

They're trying to target the PC audience, and in doing so may have alienated the console gamers, creating a lose lose situation for themselves.

And the baby crying when it sees the PS3, I doubt many people will see it as that. Most people will just wonder what the heck the whole ad was about.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what the hell the executives at Sony's marketing department are smoking. What the hell's that commercial supposed to tell me? That a crying, plastic baby doll is somehow connected to their newest invention in gaming? Ehm... I don't... quite... get it, no sir, I don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk