Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1677963574171.png

The breeder I'm dealing with said this big coon would be the father of my future baby :)
His name is Genesis

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As in you're buying a kitten or breeding Zelda?
Buying a new kitten yes
Anyway, Zelda is waaaaaay too old to be bred
Post automatically merged:

Here's the mother
Sky
1678025713871.png

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
omfg they're beautiful, good luck on your new kitten when he/she is adoptable!

i had a maine coon a long time ago, wonderful little cat that looked like a puffly mountain lion. make sure you get them lots of toys--those cats have endless energy

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
omfg they're beautiful, good luck on your new kitten when he/she is adoptable!

i had a maine coon a long time ago, wonderful little cat that looked like a puffly mountain lion. make sure you get them lots of toys--those cats have endless energy
thanks^^
My biggest worry is about Zelda, I wonder how she will react

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks^^
My biggest worry is about Zelda, I wonder how she will react
Make sure she's the priority. Give the kitten its own room, and let Zelda have the rest of the house, because she's the "alpha" cat of the house, and you don't want her to feel like her way of life is threatened. Let them meet maybe twice a day, introducing her to the kitten. If she hisses, try to calm her, then take the kitten away. If she doesn't provoke the kitten, pet her and let her know being nice = good behavior.

She's probably going to be upset for a week or two. After that, she might calm down and start accepting the new kitten, even if a little reluctantly.

Don't try to force them to be friends off the bat, and don't let them be unsupervised together. You're going to want to also let the kitten get used to its new home without the threat of an angry new cat around, too. (and litter trained, and etc)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure she's the priority. Give the kitten its own room, and let Zelda have the rest of the house, because she's the "alpha" cat of the house, and you don't want her to feel like her way of life is threatened. Let them meet maybe twice a day, introducing her to the kitten. If she hisses, try to calm her, then take the kitten away. If she doesn't provoke the kitten, pet her and let her know being nice = good behavior.

She's probably going to be upset for a week or two. After that, she might calm down and start accepting the new kitten, even if a little reluctantly.

Don't try to force them to be friends off the bat, and don't let them be unsupervised together. You're going to want to also let the kitten get used to its new home without the threat of an angry new cat around, too. (and litter trained, and etc)
thanks for the advices^^

I don't know if I could consider Zelda as Alpha, since she's... well.. starting to show sings of dementia...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0