Hardware I keep getting an 0xc00000e9 error

frazzledazzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So yeah, I am running windows 7 ultimate on a toshiba satellite L350D and I try to play the dark knight in vlc and the laptop shuts down, restates and then I get this error. I already have an installation disc and a repair disc but the startup repair doesn't do anything, just goes for hours. I am really stuck as to what I should do, take it out to get repaired or if there is anything I can do without this. Any help at all is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Solution
Your memory stick is fine. Your Hard drive is whats ruined. It must have been dropped one too many times or something. Bad Sectors show physical damage to your hard drive. Sorry about your luck.

frazzledazzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to install it again, and it ran chkdisk and it found all sorts of bad records, the install continues, with dialog boxes saying it can't do this because the file is corrupt and unreadable

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
probably a bad memory stick. I can't post in there coz I don't use Ask Gbatemp. Those statistics on the right scare me, so I want to keep everyone of them on zero

--Raulpica

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your memory stick is fine. Your Hard drive is whats ruined. It must have been dropped one too many times or something. Bad Sectors show physical damage to your hard drive. Sorry about your luck.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8