Hacking WIP I made a animated Atmosphère bootscreen

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Keep the bottom dark horizon still after the logo comes up.
Slow the stars down, keep the bottom still and stop it moving about and you are on to a winner.
Will change the bottom thingy thanks for the hint!
Im personally fine with the stars, thats probably a question of taste :wub:

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello GBATempers, I have to say that I really like how the Atmosphere Bootscreen looks like.
That's why I made an altered version which I think is really cool, (fun fact, the stars you can see is what you would see when u were looking in the Sky from the Nintendo Headquarters at 03.03.2017.)
In terms of usability, I hope that we have some degree of personalization we can do to change the look of our whole system.

I don't know which type of picture format Atmosphère currently uses, but in case that .gif files work, it would be no problem for me to convert it.
Also, star flickering, size, amount, speed, angle, can all be changed.
OLD ONE

1080 60p Fullscreen for the best experience.

NEW ONE:

If you have a specific request, I'll try my best to make an altered version.
I just wanna give something back to the community.
Criticism is welcome and I'd like to hear your opinion!

You could twist in the `of the è in Atmosphère with the background as a star... could be a nice little touch?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, OP. You did a wonderful job. Logo looks like x33 venturestar. Music is great. The rotating stars and bouncing atmospheric gas is reminiscent of the motion sickness feeling of space.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will change the bottom thingy thanks for the hint!
Im personally fine with the stars, thats probably a question of taste

Stars start off at the perfect speed then get too fast and ruin the vibe, the bottom 'thingy' looks good and shouldn't be changed, shorten it to 10 seconds.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks really good, my only complaint is the fading in of the atmosphere lettering. It seems to hesitate until it's risen to the center of the video, and then fades in quickly. Doesn't feel right.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Stars start off at the perfect speed then get too fast and ruin the vibe, the bottom 'thingy' looks good and shouldn't be changed, shorten it to 10 seconds.
I'll first get the other Version up, and also make the GIF versions, will eventually shorten it to a reasonable boot time amount :rolleyes:

Looks really good, my only complaint is the fading in of the atmosphere lettering. It seems to hesitate until it's risen to the center of the video, and then fades in quickly. Doesn't feel right.
Yeah, it's not easy to get the timing right, some also prefer the text being visible from the beginning.
Add one shooting star?
I also thought about that XD, but I'm probably not skiled enough to do one realistic :blush:
I think you did a really good job. I really like the new animation
Thank you ! ♥
Very nice, OP. You did a wonderful job. Logo looks like x33 venturestar. Music is great. The rotating stars and bouncing atmospheric gas is reminiscent of the motion sickness feeling of space.
Haha it really does XD, thank you for the support!

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could end up being the perfect 'experience' type boot screen for Atmosphere, especially with that music and on a projector.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks awesome and much better than the SX OS stuff which (tbh) looks pretty ugly with those 2011 iOS glance icons.

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
UPDATED the first post, removed the wobble after the logo appears, made the stars slightly slower and added a .gif version.
Ofcourse the length is not final, I tested yesterday and got a good ~5 sec long bootscreen, because the current length is obviously too long.

Looks awesome and much better than the SX OS stuff which (tbh) looks pretty ugly with those 2011 iOS glance icons.
I don't get it why they use such stock looking like images, i mean...look at their pdf tutorial...

Reactions: lordelan

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
They are beautiful. Especially the new one.

Unfortunately it's not easy to incorporate them in Atmosphere.
For every frame draw you need minimum ~250ms.

The gpu or the normal cpu cores are not initialized to have adequate speed for this to run.

Reactions: designgears

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They are beautiful. Especially the new one.

Unfortunately it's not easy to incorporate them in Atmosphere.
For every frame draw you need minimum ~250ms.

The gpu or the normal cpu cores are not initialized to have adequate speed for this to run.
not yet, SOON tho, I don't think its impossible to implement.
If needed I can do a 30fps version.

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck