Homebrew I need help, will updating to 10.5 kill my entrypoint?

MasterMan194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My 16GB SD is messed up. It has plenty of games, and stopped working when i got the 3DS from the bag, after i didn't used it for 2 weeks.
It doesn't show anything [in the SD] in home menu, as it's corrupted. Put it in my Windows 10 computer so i could use chkdsk in it [in a cmd prompt] but nothing, it freezes the computer.
I think i can redownload the games in eshop after i get new SD, but the problem is eshop requires i update my fw and i'm in 10.3. O3DS XL.
I don't have CFW, emunand or anything, just installed menuhax to have access to homebrews. Will update kill my entrypoint?
What can i do? If possible, don't tell me about emunands, CFW and such, i definatelly don't want to pirate or nothing.

Last edited by MasterMan194,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on 10.3, you can use SafeSysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2 and install CFW.
If you update to 10.5, you will lose all possibility of CFW anytime in the foreseeable future.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
browsehax and menuhax have been updated to be compatible with 10.5
So if basic homebrew is really your only goal, it's safe to update at this moment. The haxes might (and probably will) get killed of in an upcoming 10.6, so don't wait too long

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just downgrade and get cfw, don't be a prude. You can get cfw for the sake of it and no one's forcing you to pirate after you get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1