OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have cydia on my jailbroken ipod touch. i never went past 4.0 and my itunes shows 4.0.2 as available, but when i go into cydia, it says i have shsh on file for 4.0 and 4.0.2. i was wondering if that could mean that somehow cydia got my ipod confused with another one because i never even rolled my mouse over the update button, much less clicked it...

it also tries to uninstall *snip whenever i modify any packages. do you think something might have gone wrong when i jailbroke? i used jailbreakme.com and everything seemed absolutely perfect until now and i have no idea what the problem is.
frown.gif

thank you for any USEFUL information you can give me.
smile.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Once you have Cydia back up an SHSH, it will automatically back up SHSHs for firmwares that Apple releases in the future (if possible).

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
got Same issue.
I used umbrella to back up SHSHs cause i missed the cydia one.

after backing up, it also showed I got SHSH for 4.0 and 4.0.1 though i am on version 3.0

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
Once you have Cydia back up an SHSH, it will automatically back up SHSHs for firmwares that Apple releases in the future (if possible).
that is very weird. how does it backup my shsh for 4.0.2 if i don't have my ipod on that version to back it up on?

so basically you are saying if i jailbroke on something like 1.1.5 (i just made something up) i would automatically have my SHSH for 2.x.x and 3.x.x and 4.x.x and so forth!?!?
blink.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
that is very weird. how does it backup my shsh for 4.0.2 if i don't have my ipod on that version to back it up on?

so basically you are saying if i jailbroke on something like 1.1.5 (i just made something up) i would automatically have my SHSH for 2.x.x and 3.x.x and 4.x.x and so forth!?!?
blink.gif
You have the idea. To reiterate, if SHSHs for 3.1 were saved, then Cydia will also automatically try to save 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, and so forth for your device.

All Cydia needs to back up your SHSHs is a unique number from your device, called the "ECID." When you send a request to Cydia, it keeps track of your ECID, and will do its best to automatically fetch your SHSHs. This isn't exactly a failsafe, though; due to time constraints, Cydia did fail to save many SHSHs for iOS 3.0.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH