I want to get into making my music, any help?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make my own music. So any tutorials and best music making programs would be great. What would guys recommend and why? and how commonly used are the programs by users?

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Agreed on starting with FL. By watching a few basic tutorials on YouTube you can learn the program within a day. Don't let the ease of use misguide you however, it's very powerful. I'm pretty sure it's the most used program as well (maybe not by pros but certainly by everyone else). I use Cubase myself but the interface is very different and some things might not look as logical when you come from FL.

Just try out some patterns in FL and start mixing and matching. It's very fun to do and you'll be making full songs in no time

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend experimenting with Fruity Loops and studying music theory via musictheory.net. Assuming, of course, you aren't already familiar with music theory. Knowing theory will make song-writing way fast and easy.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Honestly I don't get why people are still recommending FLStudio. It's expensive and not intuitive at all
It's cheaper than Cubase and Ableton Live... and it's actually very easy to use for beginners, to get started. I think Ableton Live is better than FL studio, but when it comes to "getting started", FL studio is actually pretty good (easy to use) and has a lot of tutorials online!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cheaper than Cubase and Ableton Live... and it's actually very easy to use for beginners, to get started. I think Ableton Live is better than FL studio, but when it comes to "getting started", FL studio is actually pretty good (easy to use) and has a lot of tutorials online!
Hm. Maybe it's just my experience with GarageBand that makes LMMS easy for me to pick up, but FL is one of the rare pieces of software that I couldn't figure out just by messing with it for a few days

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He only knows how to flop his dick around in short shorts