Omoikane1979

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought a Pikachu Yellow DS Lite and want to protect it from scratches, shocks (and such) while still showing it off. Normally I wouldn't care but since it is a limited edition...
wink.gif

I thought about putting on BestSkinsEver or Invisible Shield but read the adhesives used can be quite vicious and remove paint and such. So I am afraid they might damage the Pikachu (I'm not sure if it's painted or so) if something goes wrong with the skin (having to replace the skin or so).
So I am wondering if the Hori Protection Filter or Capdase Skinguard might be a better idea (since those most likely use a silicon adhesive) unless someone can convince me nothing bad will happen when using BSE or IS.

I am also wondering if anyone has used the Do It Yourself skin from BestSkinsEver to protect their (limited edition) Gameboy Advance or Micro without any negative effects.

Seccom Masada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The best protection you could get would be a vacuum clean chamber with those glove things so you can actually play it, plus a mini-airlock so you can get cartridges in there.

Filb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, here's what I did...
First of all, I bought the DS Lite Pikachu Edition twice. That way I always know that I have a 100% perfect brand new unit. I was able to buy them for €160 and €145.

Now I can use the second one without getting nervous. I also use a clear Japanese "Hard Cover DS Lite" (only protects the top with the Pikachu emblem) and Japanese Hori Screen Filters with it.

(Later, when eventually a new limited DS Lite appears on the market, I will probably sell the used one.)

Omoikane1979

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, here's what I did...
First of all, I bought the DS Lite Pikachu Edition twice. That way I always know that I have a 100% perfect brand new unit. I was able to buy them for €160 and €145.

Now I can use the second one without getting nervous. I also use a clear Japanese "Hard Cover DS Lite" (only protects the top with the Pikachu emblem) and Japanese Hori Screen Filters with it.

(Later, when eventually a new limited DS Lite appears on the market, I will probably sell the used one.)

With shipping and handling mine came close to € 250. So I have to congratulate you for finding 2 at prices that low
bow.gif
Did you find yours at Ebay as well? Anyhow unless they come that cheap I'd rather find good and lasting protection that doesn't leave any signs.

Still I find finding good protection in Europe very difficult compared to say Japan or the US. So any good internet shop that offers good protection and has cheap S&H and good service is welcome.

By the way what do you guys think of the NERF armor? It seems bulky and I read it might scratch the DS lite when taking it off.
The biggest disadvantage though is that it isn't clear.
I am not sure whether the silicon case is enough protection either I already own one and the hinge on my Pink DS lite got cracked, just because that's the only place that isn't protected. And even if it did, it also isn't clear.

So I even if the protection isn't clear, but protects well and can be removed without damage the unit I am happy.

Filb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks!
happy.gif

I got them through http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/. Since most people there don't ship internationally I had to ask a friend who lives in Japan to get them and send them to me (after I paid him of course).

You can find Japanese Hori Screen Filters at http://www.play-asia.com/
I'm not sure where you can buy the DS Lite Hard Covers from Jupiter online, though.
frown.gif

I think both the filters and the hard covers are really good and lasting.
wink.gif

Omoikane1979

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks!Â
happy.gif

I got them through http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/. Since most people there don't ship internationally I had to ask a friend who lives in Japan to get them and send them to me (after I paid him of course).

You can find Japanese Hori Screen Filters at http://www.play-asia.com/
I'm not sure where you can buy the DS Lite Hard Covers from Jupiter online, though.
frown.gif

I think both the filters and the hard covers are really good and lasting.Â
wink.gif

So you got your friend to help you out, you're one lucky guy. I assume you can also read and write Japanese and did the auction part yourself, right?

On screen protectors: I ordered both Hori and Capdase Taku ones at Play-Asia recently. I also have a topic where you can drop a small property report on your experience if you like.

I haven't heard from DS lite Hard covers from Jupiter. Can you explain what they are like combined with some pictures? It sounds promising, where did you get those? If it's Europe I can get those too as I live in The Netherlands aka Holland.
biggrin.gif

Omoikane1979

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mind posting some pictures?
I would love to see a limited edition Pikachu DSL, as i have a limited Pokemon edition N64
wub.gif
click here for picture
Cheers

I don't really mind, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet. That why I started this topic.

I do have photos from the Japanese pokecenter site if that's also fine with you. Lastly I haven't put any pictures or photos on forums before so I will need some advice on that.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Mind posting some pictures?
I would love to see a limited edition Pikachu DSL, as i have a limited Pokemon edition N64
wub.gif
click here for picture
Cheers

I don't really mind, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet. That why I started this topic.

I do have photos from the Japanese pokecenter site if that's also fine with you. Lastly I haven't put any pictures or photos on forums before so I will need some advice on that.
you can upload images from your computer to www.imageshack.us.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
That is the most coolest DS Lite I have ever seen. You have to take pictures of it when you eventually take it out of the box
nyanya.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
OH MY!!!!!!!

WHERE TO GET IT WHERE TO GET IT???!!!

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!! AND I'M A POKéMON-FAN TOO!!!!

OH MY... OH MY...!!!!!!

Filb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
29d8vac.jpg

My Japanese Pikachu DS Lite (the one in use) with clear Hard Cover attached for protection.
hrth.gif

Sorry, camera isn't very good at taking pics indoor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...